Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 03-27-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Tourney changes at the Aladdin

The reason for these changes is that both daily tournaments have been sold out for weeks and players have requested larger prize pools. AM tourney for 30.00 was getting around 900 for first, paying final 9 players. Pm tourney for 40+20 with about 80% rebuys is paying around 1800-1900 for first place, paying final 9 players. Morning one has 80+ players signed up by 7am every day and is sold out with alternates by 9am. They start taking entries at 2am when the morning shift manager comes in with the paperwork.

New buy ins and schedule:

Mon-Thursday still are 10am and 1pm.
10am tourney - 35.00 buy in + 5.00 add on. 1000 in chips, add on gets 500 more. 1500 total. Automatically added at the door unless denied. (in my opinion, hard to compete with only 2/3 the stack of the rest of the field)

1pm toureny is 50.00 buy in + 10.00 add on. Same as above for chips. One (1) 40.00 rebuy for another 1000 in chips any time in the first hour. Must be taken before you go on the first break.

New Tourney Friday at HIGH Noon
100.00 buy in +10.00 add on (50% more chips) freezout (no rebuys)
Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Tourney changes at the Aladdin

Do you think this will reduce the overall amount of participants?

It would seem not to have too much affect, especially on the morning tourney.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Tourney Friday at HIGH Noon
100.00 buy in +10.00 add on (50% more chips) freezout (no rebuys)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the structure is for this tournament? I will be out in Vegas the 14-17th and would probably play in this tourney assuming the structure is not a crapshoot like some of the tournies.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 PM

AM Tourney blind structure:
25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/400, break, 400/800, 500/1000 and goes up from there. 15 minute levels. Freezout takes about 3 hours from start to finish.

PM tourney has same blind structure except that 400/800 is actually 300/600. 20 minute levels. With the slower levels and add on/rebuy, takes approximately 4-5 hours to complete entire tournament.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:16 PM

Myself personally i will never play an tournament at the aladdin again mainly for one reason. myself and 3 other friends played the am tourny on wednesday. However the way it the tournament director talked and the way it's structured is not to suit the customer but the card room, who could careless about the people who are playing in the tournament and how fast the blinds go up because they have to get it done before 1 oclock tourny. Gimme a break the Sahara runs a rebuy tournament with 20 minute levels and 50-60 more entrants than the aladdin gets and it gets done in 4 hours. Regardless the levels should be slowed i am still paying my fee to participate in the tournament as much as anyone else, if you slow the levels by 5 minutes and make them 20, the tournament will be done in the same amount of time, the cards usually handle it themselves. Never should a poker room put precident on one tourny over another because the buy in is 30 dollars more what a joke!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:21 PM

Sounds like you need a wahmbulance.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Sounds like you need to lick my balls, thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 AM

How much is the vig?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:01 PM

I would agree with the above post. I played in the AM on Tuesday and near the end heard the Tourney Director more than once state openly "We have to get this done before 1." The blinds seemed to increase quicker after this as well but I wasn't timing so that just could be perception. Also it was stated when the prize pool was announced that there would be a final table of 9 and they would be paid. Well, there were 10 players at two tables, when they decided to go to 10 but still pay nine.I was the small blind at one table when this happened at 4 and 8k blinds. So we draw seats and the button and I'm one off the blind at the new table and he announces blinds go up next hand to 6 and 12 k. So my 30 k was gone in 5 hands with the blinds and I come in 10th. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Having said that complaint, I will say I enjoyed the tourney right until the end and the room. The dealers were proficient, and they were training a few newbies but those always had a experienced dealer over there shoulder making sure it was done right. I would play there again but working out some kinks would be nice.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 PM

I played in the 1pm yesterday; there were 77 players I think. The $10 "add-on" for 500 more chips is completely pointless because everyone takes it anyway, so why not just cut to the chase and make it a $60 tourney with a $40 rebuy? The blind schedule is a bit aggressive, and it becomes push or fold pretty early on for a lot of people. I managed to survive all the way to 3rd place for $717. The two other players were pretty bad, but I got my money in there with the best of it each time - can't control how those cards fall. All-in-all I thought it was a pretty decent tourney, but it could use a couple tweaks to make it fairer and more fun for everyone.