Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 02-02-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Quitting my job for poker was a great idea

[ QUOTE ]
link to the papa john sucks website?

and have you at least consulted w/a lawyer about this? that way you have more info to base a decision on.

in poker terms, you have JJ. flop = 2tone with 2 7 K. are you just going to check it down the river? cause that's what you are doing if you're not consulting a lawyer to at least get all the information you can before deciding on your next step.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I was asked and this is a non profit site I will post the link. If I offend anyine at 2+2 I will take it down and/or will not be offended if it is deleted. I apologize if anyone feels this is spam but I was asked.

Papa John's Sucks

As for suing them I have thought long and hard about this. I agree that it may be the only way for them to change their ways, on the other hand I do not want their dirty money and do not want the memory of that to linger for years. I am MUCH happier without them.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM

I had a friend that delivered for PJ and he ran into a pedestrian which if memory serves correctly (LONG time ago) he was just off the clock. Anyways, the management/company was willing to say he was on the clock so that he didn't get in as much insurance trouble.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a friend that delivered for PJ and he ran into a pedestrian which if memory serves correctly (LONG time ago) he was just off the clock. Anyways, the management/company was willing to say he was on the clock so that he didn't get in as much insurance trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Addict: You can (and should) sue the person who hit you. Workers' comp. is only a remedy from your employer. The person who hit you is a third-party. If your back is legitimately hurt and especially if you have been treating, you will have a good claim. However, you may have a statute of limitations problem (in California, it is not 2 years for personal injury claims).

You can still seek recovery from your employer as well.

I think you are making a mistake by not pursuing this.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:07 PM

For tbe record I do have a pending action against the women who was talking on her cell phone who swerved into me. I do not want to go into any detail of that as I do not want to jeopardize the case. This same lawyer begs me to go after Papa John's too but says it can vbe won but is far from a sure thing, something I have not completely ruled out. but I sure enjoy being the top search on Google for many Papa John's searches such as Papa John's corporate office I think this is priceless.

I have not 100% ruled it out, especially if they try to take the domain away from me. I would love to teach them a lesson and have them have to admit it was wrong, but on the other hand the amount of money I would get hardly seems worth the hassle. It is not a guaranteed winner as Georgia is not a right to work state. I would have to prove the hostile work place came because of my injuries. They have the right to fire me for almost any reason in my state. Now the women who was talking on her cell phone who admitted to the police she was at fault after hitting me and running me off the road on the other hand is open and shut and she is the reason I will never be 100% and was injured enough to miss work and eventually lose my job over it. When I play rough with my kid and hurt my back or work in the yard and have to stop after a short time I blame the women who hit me and spun me off the road, not Papa John's. Although they handled the situation terribly they are not the ones who injured me.

I guess everything happens for a reason though as it got me into a much more enjoyable career. It was a blessing in disguise.