Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-12-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 2+2 table coach: STFU

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for publicly outing these retards. Someone should start an official thread, or this can be the official thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckily the TC did not berate her for playing -EV slots

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-13-2005, 12:44 AM

not only name & site, but also a copy of some chat that way we can judge the severity and the offender will have some idea of what is unacceptable.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with one of the 2+2ers on another table and keep telling him to shut up but he keeps going. Hey "Apa....", if you read this STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone believes that by telling a poor poker player that he is playing poor makes any differnce to that player they are sadly mistaken. You cannot "wise-up" a poor poker player by chatting with him during an online poker game. You are suffering from "old pro's paranoia" that says don't wise up the poor player. Forget it. Online players are beyond help. They play bad and will always play bad regardless of what anyone tells them in a chat line. In fact by chatting with them, negatively or positively, they are more likely to stay in the game, which is where you want them to be. Twoplustwo folk should be more than happy to share their expertise with novice and recreational players. They are the reason we play poker.

Vince
Old 11-13-2005, 12:58 AM

<<--- Guilty
Old 11-13-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with one of the 2+2ers on another table and keep telling him to shut up but he keeps going. Hey "Apa....", if you read this STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone believes that by telling a poor poker player that he is playing poor makes any differnce to that player they are sadly mistaken. You cannot "wise-up" a poor poker player by chatting with him during an online poker game. You are suffering from "old pro's paranoia" that says don't wise up the poor player. Forget it. Online players are beyond help. They play bad and will always play bad regardless of what anyone tells them in a chat line. In fact by chatting with them, negatively or positively, they are more likely to stay in the game, which is where you want them to be. Twoplustwo folk should be more than happy to share their expertise with novice and recreational players. They are the reason we play poker.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I see someone get berated for poor play they leave the table shortly after. You may be right they dont improve their play, but they will move to another table... no one wants to listen to a TC, and no one wants to feel multiple people at the table are gunning for them or have marked them as a fish.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, this is wrong. Just today I was playing with a total donk at my Royal Holdem table who kept capping with the nut straight, it was awesome. Then some jackass table coach decided to berate him and tell him how he was a moron for capping with the nut straight on the flop when the straight can't really win. The guy was like "oh, you're right, thanks." He left shortly thereafter and the game went to crap.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:09 AM

i am never a table coach but i was so sick yesterday from [censored] after [censored] after [censored] after [censored] that i was just downright mean.

there was a girl with a picture as her avatar on poker stars and she was ugly as [censored] and wore a ton of makeup...

me: hey, what kind of make-up do you wear?
some dumb c*nt: why?
me: b/c i want to invest in their stock
some dumb c*nt: huh?
me: you wear so much f*cking makeup i need to invest in that brand, the stock is sure to go through the roof.

i also told a guy when our cards were all-in preflop (my AA vs. his 6/9o) that if he won it was b/c he was fat.

i was having a bad day.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone believes that by telling a poor poker player that he is playing poor makes any differnce to that player they are sadly mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I still recall someone berating me for not raising my nut flush. I didn't know what he meant. I found out. I was partially responsible for busting him. Last I heard he was a drunken bum. He's probably dead now.

Lesson: Telling someone they are playing poorly will kill you.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone believes that by telling a poor poker player that he is playing poor makes any differnce to that player they are sadly mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. I still recall someone berating me for not raising my nut flush. I didn't know what he meant. I found out. I was partially responsible for busting him. Last I heard he was a drunken bum. He's probably dead now.

Lesson: Telling someone they are playing poorly will kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, personally, have chat turned off and don't talk to anyone. but I don't see how people can take such bad beats in online play that they see a point in berating their opponents in a chat window. I could see how after taking rough beat after beat in a live game could have you mumbling under your breath, but it's just ridiculous to do that online. just scream at the top of your lungs but don't touch the keyboard if you are that upset.