Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 12:22 AM

Default 2+2 and Investing

Simple fact is that even if you believe 2+2 people are smarter then Wall Street Manager X (having worked on wall street, this is possible), you can still do better. If your smart enough to know the difference between Wall Street manager x and a good trader, then you should be able to pick out a professional trader and invest with them.

By that I mean you can find someone that has the abilities and intelligence of a star poker player, but also has a lifetime of experience working in the financial markets. I think Howard Lederer could do a decent job with my money, but I bet someone just as smart as Howard with actual financial experience could do better.

Its not enough to just be smart. You need to have experience and the right personality. I went to smart kid school (Bergen Academies, and we are better then Teaneck high BTW), and a lot of those kids never get anywhere cause it takes more then math and intuition.

So if you really want to do well, and your capable of finding a good investment fund, then go with am experienced professional.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: 2+2 and Investing

why dont you post this thread where it belongs instead of creating a whole nother topic about the same thing thats been discussed heavily for 2 weeks? clearly you are just looking for exposure to your thread and thats a bad reason to post it.