Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Default to answer the double paired board question from my last hand

ok ok i know this was bad preflop.. but was looking to click "call" when the player raised and it was too late 4 me then i had called the PFR

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds.

I actually bet here b4 realizing the board was double paired.. oops
Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 05-12-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: to answer the double paired board question from my last hand

Fold preflop. Fold the flop. Call the river.

EDIT: You shouldn't have been looking to hit the "call" button in the first place. If it's folded to you with Q9s on the button, raise. If there are several other limpers, limp. You shouldn't call in this situation (either open-limp, or overlimp after one limper).
Old 05-12-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: to answer the double paired board question from my last hand

The flop call is really close here. If you do call the flop you have to call the turn.

On the river I think you'll often get paid off by an ace here although if you are reraised you are probably way behind. The fact that there are only 2 jacks and 2 kings left means he probably has an Ace/x that didn't connect or a pocket pair. The nice thing is by reraising and having him fold you probably don't have to explain your preflop move [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]