Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Default how should this be played?

I know your supposed to provide context but i'm very new so i just pretty much play the cards not the people yet. Anyway, how should this hand be played?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (23.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 29.25 BB
Old 06-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: how should this be played?

You played this pretty aggressively. The c/r on the flop
from a limper would suggest a small set. I would slow down
on the rest of the hand from there.

A read would help a lot to know if he's pulling a move or
really hit his set.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:42 PM

Way overplayed. Dude, stop just looking at the pretty two cards in front of you.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:43 PM

(Grunching)

Baring any reads on UTG, his pf limp-call 2, combined with the check-three bet on the flop kinda feels like 5's or 3's that hit a set to me. It's a fairly drawless board, so he's not pumping a draw on the flop here.

I think I probably slow down when he doesn't slow down on the turn.

(utg+1 looks like an over pair to the board that can't bring themselves to fold?)
Old 06-08-2005, 06:18 PM

Default RESULTS

UTG: 55
UTG+1: JJ

When i was playing i was thinking there is no way someone would play small pocket pair versus a raise+reraise. so when the flop came 9 high rainbow, i figure i'm definitely ahead... then when board doesn't pair, no flush hits, and board is 9 high at the river i figure no way someone has me beat... who the hell plays 55 for 3 bets preflop?

anyway, i agree alarm bells should have gone off when he check raised me on the flop... thanks for the help.

afb.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
UTG: 55
UTG+1: JJ

When i was playing i was thinking there is no way someone would play small pocket pair versus a raise+reraise. so when the flop came 9 high rainbow, i figure i'm definitely ahead... then when board doesn't pair, no flush hits, and board is 9 high at the river i figure no way someone has me beat... who the hell plays 55 for 3 bets preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the question should be "Who the hell folds 55 for 2 bets after limping in UTG?"
Old 06-08-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I have 55 and there's this much action preflop, I'm hoping you're thinking that.

Massively overplayed. I'd stop at the turn raise.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:19 PM

A check-raise 3 bet is natures way of telling you you are beat.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:49 PM

*grunching*

I'd slow waaaaaay down after that sobering check-raise 3-bet on the flop (after he limped preflop). He's screaming at you that he has a set. Now I'll go read the results that will probably show he had some BS like A5 and I'm just being weak tight.