Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 08:25 PM

Default \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/5)

Tonight's show certainly has to be better than yesterday's 5/10 NL passive fest. Even with the pink chips added, it wasn't the best night to watch. On Wednesday night, there was talk of doing a 25/50 NL game, but don't know if that will really be the case. As always, you can watch at www.thebike.com and click on live at the bike along the left or put http://216.53.204.10/bike/bike_300.asx into your Windows Media Player.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:47 PM

Default I Guess It Really Is All About No Limit

It seems they given up completely on limit which is such a disappointment as I don't play much NL.

I miss when it used to say next to the Wednesday game "Its not all about No Limit". I guess now it is just no limit, cheesy tournaments, gimic pink chips and big breasted bimbos playing poorly.

Maybe its time to cancel my subscription to the archives (especially since they have given up on organizing them like they first did)

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: I Guess It Really Is All About No Limit

There had been some talk of them doing shows with limit poker at higher levels during Legends. Have you emailed your concerns about how poorly the archives are now at live@thebike.com? It wouldn't be terrible if they stuck with their usual schedule of a limit game every Wednesday night, but don't know if this Poker Channel thing will hamstring them into showing only NL.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems they given up completely on limit which is such a disappointment as I don't play much NL.

I miss when it used to say next to the Wednesday game "Its not all about No Limit". I guess now it is just no limit, cheesy tournaments, gimic pink chips and big breasted bimbos playing poorly.

Maybe its time to cancel my subscription to the archives (especially since they have given up on organizing them like they first did)

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean organizing, what has changed?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/5)

I don't like to complain a lot anymore about the show, as being behind the scenes for a couple of days makes you aware of how difficult the show is, but this hasn't been the best week for LATB. Bart and Shirley both sounded very tired Wed. and Thurs., and Shirley remarked on her blog that she was very bored last night trying to say something other than "limped around, 5-ways" and such. I think we all know that it can be painful just watching boring poker, but commentating boring poker is even more painful. It might not be a bad idea for Bart and the others to come up with some topics to talk about before the show in the event that its a snooze-fest.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 PM

I too would like to see a lot of limit games.

It will come as no surprise to regulars here that I am very disappointed with the production. It's such a great idea. I keep coming back though. It's the "only game in town."

Why can't they start on time???? For a broadcast, thirty seconds late is not on time. It's 6:05, and I'm starting the Media Player, getting the promo, killing the player, starting it... If for some reason they can't start on time, at the very least they should put up a sign rather than running that promo.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:09 PM

Right on, put up a we're late sign. we forgive you for that, but the promo is gettin iold
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Live at the Bike Proposed changes

My 2 cents

1. Start on time or post a message immediately saying the broadcast will be delayed.
2. Cut the broadcasts to three times a week.
a. 1 Night High limit poker (30-60 or above)
b. The traditional Friday night High No limit game
c. "Gimmick Night" pink chips, centerfolds, and such
3. Rotate announcers half way thru the show (Most announcers for this show are great, just limit their shifts to two hours apiece so they will be fresh)

The delays in the start time are MADDENING....
Old 08-05-2005, 09:11 PM

Or they could just film the floor, that should be easy enough to do. Last night, the show started at 9:15, and it seemed they had been going for a few minutes, as it wasn't acknowledged they had started late.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (8/5)

WE have had some difficulties. We just realized that we were not streaming for the first 15 minutes. Tonight's event is 1000NL holdem with AMir Vahedi and JESUS!!! James Woods may becoming on later as well.