Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-26-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Can I get away from this hand???

This hand occurred during a short handed fast paced $5/10 Limit game on party poker. I'm on the SB and dealt A9 offsuit. Action folds around to me and I raise, to which I am reraised. I call and 2 players see the flop of A92 rainbow. I check expecting that the BB will lead out with most likely a bigger A or any pair. He bets out and I raise to which he reraises and I cap. The turn brings a 9 and I lead out and am raised. I reraise and he caps it off. I take a few seconds and think that this is starting to smell like I am going to lose three stacks of high society to Teddy KGB on this hand. I call and the river comes 2 and we cap it off again. He shows 22 and I get crammed for a buttload of chips. Oh well, what can I do. The only fault I made was capping the river because at this point I was steamed. Nothing like dropping over $100 on one 5/10 hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Can I get away from this hand???

There are 6 reasons why I don't like this post.

Anyone care to guess?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 AM

LOL I can think of a few... The answer is YES you could have gotten away from it. The best answer is you should never have been in there to begin with! A9 is pure TRASH, you had a small pot to begin with, and your opponent screamed at you that he wasn't the least bit scared of the hand you were representing. So stop playing A9 is your first step. Then stop going broke in small pots.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL I can think of a few... The answer is YES you could have gotten away from it. The best answer is you should never have been in there to begin with! A9 is pure TRASH, you had a small pot to begin with, and your opponent screamed at you that he wasn't the least bit scared of the hand you were representing. So stop playing A9 is your first step. Then stop going broke in small pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight.
Short handed game, in the SB, and you fold A9? Hmmmm. Then you flop top 2 and you dont like your hand? Hmmm...

You must be the worst player in the world. What's your vpip? Like 4?
Old 12-27-2005, 03:42 AM

I would 3 bet the river and then fold to a cap. Once he caps you can be 99.999999% sure he has quads.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of a few... The answer is YES you could have gotten away from it. The best answer is you should never have been in there to begin with! A9 is pure TRASH, you had a small pot to begin with, and your opponent screamed at you that he wasn't the least bit scared of the hand you were representing. So stop playing A9 is your first step. Then stop going broke in small pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. You may want to consider checking out our shorthanded forums before you continue to make posts like this.

And too them original poster, you maybe lost 1-2 BB more than you "should" have (this is debatable) in an occurance that will happen once every 100-200k hands. I wouldn't worry much about it.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 AM

wait you want to fold?

slow down on the river, that's about it
Old 12-27-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are 6 reasons why I don't like this post.

Anyone care to guess?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. No opponent reads
2. Hand converter not used
3. No chip stack sizes included

Am I even close? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 PM

hey douchey,

The last time I checked and I think most will agree...A9 in a short handed game when its folded to you is a moderately strong hand.