Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-24-2005, 01:54 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Foxwoods Trip Report (long) December 23rd, 2005

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report AJ. I laughed about the part where you woke up at 2:30 A.M. because you were so excited at the prospect of playing you tossed and turned and couldn't sleep.

That was me, 5 years ago, used to get all keyed up to play.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannuka(sorry about spelling).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Agnostic, but thanks for thinking of me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I don't get to play poker as much as I did pre-marriage, so getting out definately had me hyped up. The wife wanted to come down with me and "read a book", but I can't have her screwing up my concentration, so I nixed that in the bud mighty quickly.

Have a great holiday and new year toro!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:40 PM

Oh well, with a Jewish mother and Italian father I assumed you would be celebrating one or the other or both. But you know what they say happens when you assume.

As far as the wife, take her when you have the cahnce. My wife comes down with me occasionally and since she doesn't like to gamble I find her a quiet corner and she reads a book. It really shouldn't screw with your concentration and she'll probably be cooler with you going down there.

Or better yet, teach her to play.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I've brought her down before. But I can be there for a LONG time, especially since I usually go deep in tournaments plus I might get into a juicy cash game for hours on end.

She would get bored and I'd feel bad because she'd be stuck there waiting on me. And if I've got that thought in my head, then I don't have my A-game in my head, and that's a problem. I'm not playing for recreation, I'm playing to win.

Also, she knows how to play, but gets bored with the game quickly, so that's pointless as well.

I celebrate Christmas because it is Jenns favorite holiday, but I don't care for it. I always wind up getting people something better than they get me, and they usually get me crap I don't want. It's just a waste of my time and money as far as I'm concerned. Bah-fricken-humbug.

Case in point of my disappointing week:

1. Jenn and I get into a fight earlier this past week

2. I just about bubble in the Foxwoods event, where I had a great shot at that 5K grand prize if I had won that all-in hand

3. I spent hundreds of dollars building the in-laws an awesome new computer. What do I get today when we go to visit them? A glass Fosters Beer cup and a $20 gift card to WalMart (meanwhile these same in-laws just bought themselves a new 50-inch Sony WEGA flat-screen TV and various other components) And I had to listen to the father-in-law and mother-in-law fight constantly while we were over there, LOTS of fun.

I friggin' hate Christmas. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]