Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-28-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Random Signs of stupidity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worse is when people get in the elevator, going down, and even though the lobby button has obviusly been pushed--its lit up for chrissakes--they push it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to do this in the elevator in my old apartment building to make the door close quickly. If you didn't press a floor button the door wouldn't close for ~5 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The building where I used to work would do this. The elevators were always on the fritz. I actually took the plunge quite a few times. Anyway, sometimes the doors would just lock open. After 10 or 15 seconds, you feel pretty stupid. So lots of times we had to trigger it by pushing the close door button repeatedly or the lobby button even though it was already lit up and might have been pushed several times.e
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHen youre at the gym and some short fat girl comes up and fills up her water bottle on the high water fountain so that you either have to wait for ass to move or squeeze in and bend all the way over to the kiddie fountain. This happens every time im at the gym.

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she thinks bending over every time a guy walks up isn't a good idea.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:33 AM

shes filling up a water bottle, there is no bending over required. Besides, the fat girl was just an illustrative example, all manner of people do this.

-JP
Old 11-28-2005, 09:08 AM

Dude - I used to be a computer tech...Hardware at CompUSA.

I could tell you tales of stupidity you've never believed.

The customer who brings in a PC - it has a virus - we clean it - he goes home - comes back a week later it's still infected.

We ask what he did - he says "restored files from my last tape backup." - backups that were also infected - LOL.

Ah lord....

===============

Otherwise, my big stupidity meter goes off when someone asks what a phone number is, I start reading it, and they go "wait...let me get a pen" -

you would think they'd have that when they ask for a number...or did they suddenly realize they can't memorize phone numbers...I don't know.

RB