Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: How to play like a SAG? (super-aggressive)

All the people talking about "reads" are right... I play a LAG/SAG (when im tilting SAG) game 6 max....

Seriously, you need to be able to play any 2 cards... Then once you are comfortable playing crap like 10-7 off (not comfortable at the table, but once you know which flops can and cannot work for you)... Start raising that crap... Dodge others raises just like you would normally... Try to get opponents sucked into your game and playing style, not theirs..

The goal of SAG play is to poke and poke and poke at your opponents and then BOOM!--> u get them to call your all in when you actually have a good hand

To do this, you really have to be an excellent bettor and board reader... The most important aspect is being and excellent "BOARD" reader thus allowing you to manipulate your opponents with certian "timely" bets...

You have to know just the right amount to bet AND the right time to bet it, to make your opponents fold...

This takes years of practice in my opinion...

By the way... SAG/LAGS really aren't opening with "ANY TWO"... we are opening with hands WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY PERFECTLY... That hand could be j2s or 96 off... either way, if you know how to play it, then it doesnt matter.. most people , just don't know how to play many hands...

Even if the flops miss us, we can manipulate you into thinking we are good ***GIVEN the right flop

"IT doesn't matter what 2 cards i have in my hand, if i know you don't have [censored]"