Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Jeffage\'s Atlantic City Trip Report (Long)

i'll be in vegas on the 27th of november for like a week
Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 PM

You forgot

Caesars Atlantic City – March 21-31, 2006
Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost content to sit on my huge win. Then I remind myself that I come to play...Damage bill comes in at 3 grand and I'm a tad irritated, but that's the swings and I sat in a profitable situation. I get the feeling if I stay and play I'm going to get burned and I've had enough anyway. Back to the nation's capital a little annoyed but realizing that UP IS UP. Until next week....I'm thinking about taking a long break from online (maybe till New Years) to run some things through my mind and do a thorough examination of my game which needs to be REAL SHARP to play high online. Hope you all enjoyed, comments welcome.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Very insightful. Thanks for the good read.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... Veterans Day weekend ...due to a convention in town, they drastically oversold the hotel and I was sent out to a Comfort Inn

[/ QUOTE ]

damn those teachers! ... my favorite weekend!!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:07 PM

Man, I came close to actually playing with you on Thursday night at the Taj 20/40. Would have liked that as I'm not playing 75/150 for awhile...

Was first on the list but it was 2am and it sure didn't look like any of the 10 people there were going anywhere.

There was a lot of commotion coming from that table. Some of it very hostile...some of it was like, "Are you serious?" banter.

Looked like a good game.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report. I almost played the 15/30/45 Stud game at Borgata this weekend but decided against it when I was called because (a) I suck at Stud and (b) the people in the game looked absolutely miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have been in luck. For the most part the people in that game all suck at stud. But yes they are absolutely miserable.

I love to sit in that game while waiting for a 20/40 seat. I get about 20 times the action I deserve since I'm under 75 years old and play more aggresively than any of them. On multiple occasions I have sat down with a rack, played 3 or 4 hands in a half hour, got 2 or 3 callers to 7th who couldn't beat Q's up, and gone off to the 20/40 with 2 racks. I should spend more time there since the game tends to be awesome but I fear I might go crazy from the vibe at the table.

They are almost as much fun to beat as the crotchety old crew that used to always play 15/30 stud-8 at the trop.