Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Should I get my Dream Car?

Steve, if you really want the car, buy it man! who cares what we think.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a sweet car.

I guess it all comes down to finances - is it worth $407 a month for 36 months to you given all the other things you could be spending that money on (that's 2 fancy Steak-and-A1-sauce lunches a month or a painfully large check to whatever anti-gay organisation you're sending money to when you light up) :P

But this was really just a brag post, wasn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was a I have a chance to make a dream come true, should I just go for it now because who knows what the future holds post.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I just thought it sounded like you had made your mind up already and were just showing off. I apologise.

Personally, I'd buy a kick ass mountain bike, drive some piece a crap used car, and have $400 in my pocket every month.

But I'm cheap, and not really into cars.

If this dream is worth $400 a month to you, then do it.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 AM

Quit smoking, buy the car if you start smoking you have to return the car. Uhh hmmm well okies bad idea. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 01:45 AM

No, do not buy a new car. They just depreciate so quickly. It's soooo not worth it.

But if you do buy a new car, I hear it's best to wait till the end of the month (they have quotas and are more likely to give you a deal) and you should shop around shop around shop around. Always bring someone with you, anyone. And don't talk prices until you do your homework.

Good luck and I hope you heal well. We can't have our lil Steve stuck in a wheelchair for too long.

-Otis
Old 06-23-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve, if you really want the car, buy it man! who cares what we think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, as much as you all dis on me and joke, you really all are people that I would consider friends if I knew you in real life.

The past 24 hours has made me think alot about things. I am 30 and my father died at 60, I would hate to think that half my life is over at this point. A little more to the left and I could have had the plot next to him. I have had alot of ups and downs in my life. I don't have regrets for my past, but like everyone I have dreams that seem like they are just that...dreams. This is one that I can make come true if I choose to do so.

I just want some advice, and the fastest place to get opinions and feedback that I have found is here in OOT.

Steve
Old 06-23-2005, 01:50 AM

Steve, can you really put a price on driving your dream car? If yes, that price is probably higher than what you will pay now. I say do it.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:54 AM

fine, advice is the same as Busters. Buy that [censored], soon.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, do not buy a new car. They just depreciate so quickly. It's soooo not worth it.

But if you do buy a new car, I hear it's best to wait till the end of the month (they have quotas and are more likely to give you a deal) and you should shop around shop around shop around. Always bring someone with you, anyone. And don't talk prices until you do your homework.

Good luck and I hope you heal well. We can't have our lil Steve stuck in a wheelchair for too long.

-Otis

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I am good at shopping around. When I got my 91 Coupe DeVille in 1994 it had 34K miles on it, it really was a drive to the store, church and errands car, the back seat had never been sat it. An old man here died and his wife traded it in on a Lincoln and I snagged it for only $14K [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve
Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want some advice, and the fastest place to get opinions and feedback that I have found is here in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you wanted it here it comes. My opinion...

Dreams are just that, dreams. You want this car really bad, you think you will be happier in this car. You think life will be better, because you own a certian car. It is a dream Steve. I do the same thing.

Go buy the car I bet in less than 2 months you have a new dream. An idea of what you "need" to make life "better". We all have the same itch, and we all scratch it in different ways. But the itch always returns.

Why do we need something, or some event to happen in our lives to improve them? Is it to hard to realize this is a good as it gets? "This" in many cases is very good all things considered.

So I rained on your parade, sorry. But I have a idea for you. Dreams are good but why not just slow down and enjoy each dream as much as possible. Why rush from one dream to the next.

Buy the car, but don't put it on payments. Buy a junker for the short-term. Then save up enough money to pay cash for the "dream" car. You might find that by the time you have enough cash to buy the car you have a new dream and can spend the money on that.

Just a idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The idea I'm getting at is this car is your dream car because it is at the upper limits of your buying range tam. If you had 50K to spend I am sure you would find a car that cost 70K and put the remainder on payments. I just think it is bad to stretch yourself. Everything I have always wanted seemed to be just a little more expensive than what I could afford comfortably. Maybe a safe car would be best? John Feeney is a pretty smart guy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you wanted it here it comes. My opinion...

Dreams are just that, dreams. You want this car really bad, you think you will be happier in this car. You think life will be better, because you own a certian car. It is a dream Steve. I do the same thing.

Go buy the car I bet in less than 2 months you have a new dream. An idea of what you "need" to make life "better". We all have the same itch, and we all scratch it in different ways. But the itch always returns.

Why do we need something, or some event to happen in our lives to improve them? Is it to hard to realize this is a good as it gets? "This" in many cases is very good all things considered.

So I rained on your parade, sorry. But I have a idea for you. Dreams are good but why not just slow down and enjoy each dream as much as possible. Why rush from one dream to the next.

Buy the car, but don't put it on payments. Buy a junker for the short-term. Then save up enough money to pay cash for the "dream" car. You might find that by the time you have enough cash to buy the car you have a new dream and can spend the money on that.

Just a idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can buy that arguement, I am almost completely debt free except for student loans which do not start until school ends and I would not want to jump back in the 15K deep end of the debt pool.

So if practical wins over dream I would have to go with this.

Ebay Autos

Steve