Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Whats softer, 100NL 6max or full ring?

Any opinions on Party? Just lost a quick 200 playing a few tables at the 6Max for the first time. Two bad beats, oh well.

I've played quite a bit of the .50/1 full ring on Stars and have done fairly well. Was wondering what would be the easiest for me over on Party. Any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Whats softer, 100NL 6max or full ring?

I find the 6max to be fishier. The ring games are often full of rocks.

At $100 NL, on average, I find the other 5 players to consist of 2-3 decent players, 1-2 calling stations, maybe 1 maniac.

But you need to be a good shorthanded player of course. It's easy to get run over by all the aggression at the 6max tables if you nutpeddle. Also, the swings can be bigger.

Also, it's much harder to multitable 6max games as they move faster and reads are much more important since you're in more marginal situations. So on the whole ring games could be more profitable simply because you can play more of them.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Whats softer, 100NL 6max or full ring?

I really only play 6 max, however in my little experience at full ring everything is very cut and dry. Your profit margins are smaller and you do not get to play as many pots against the fish.

6 max is like a goldmine, I do not know your experience level however playing 6 max does take some getting used to. Mainly as tables become short handed you need to ramp up the aggression big time. If you are able to find some tables with 1 or 2 fish, you can creat a lot of value for yourself. If you are getting killed at this level, I recommend dropping down to 50 NL to figure things out.