Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 08:44 PM

Default $33 - Postflop: OOP w/AJ scare card on turn

Early in tourney, villain quiet so far, no idea what the open limp is - probably either a low-mid pair or some Gus Hansen crap. Flop: I C/R the donkbet, he calls.

A - Who leads out this turn? Deciding whether to shut down here is one of the hardest postflop decisions for me. I could already be smashed, but I despise the thought of giving a free card if he's got 97 or A3 w/a club. With my line, FWIW if he shoved the turn I'm out.

B - River lays about 2.25:1. He's not scared of the ace, likely puts me on one, and odds are he doesn't have one. Call or fold?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

HERO (t883)
BB (t1047)
UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t735)
MP1 (t195)
MP2 (t1340)
CO (t910)
Button (t2105)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises to t120</font>, BB folds, CO calls t90.

Turn: (t330) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets t200</font>, CO calls t200.

River: (t730) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, CO shoves.... bah
Old 12-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: $33 - Postflop: OOP w/AJ scare card on turn

trouble with this hand the blocker bet won't work on the river....he'll still raise you with the case ace. You won't know if he has a flush, house, or just worse trips.

on that note I...I have no idea. Sorry.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm gonna say you're beat there...

something about weak leads that call big bets later - I usually tend to give those guys credit for a draw (that hit) or two pair +.

With his limp, min bet and call /call...I wouldn't be surprised if had Aces up on the flop or hit the flush. Just a guess....

I think the real lesson here is to keep the pots smaller when out of position. I think you have to c/r the flop MORE - enough to end it there (and then you shutdown 100% if called/raised) or you keep it small.

You'll still probably lose the hand, but you'd lose less.

Smaller pots oop is better.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Sorry, not sure why my hand didn't show up in the converter - my jack was not a club.