Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: HU hand

Its worth about a minimum of 8-9 bucks at the $215s to push preflop. Thats adding 4% to your ROI in one hand.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no bigger issue, anyone who doesnt move allin here preflop is completely insane. This is not a minor point. Calling preflop from the SB is flat out terrible. The HH looks weird so maybe I got the action wrong, but if thats what happened, the rest of the hand is irrelvant because the preflop play is so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people here actually play poker.

BTW, ever heard of changing up your play?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres no bigger issue, anyone who doesnt move allin here preflop is completely insane. This is not a minor point. Calling preflop from the SB is flat out terrible. The HH looks weird so maybe I got the action wrong, but if thats what happened, the rest of the hand is irrelvant because the preflop play is so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a push PF almost always. However, even at this level I think it pays to vary your play HU. Call, raise, push, all with various hands at various times.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people here actually play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daliman, not moving allin is simply terrible. When you say "some people here actually play poker", what you are actually saying is "some people here play badly".

You can continue to be manly and mix up your play and "take flops", I'll continue to take my immediate minimum of $9 in EV in a single hand. The way you talk youd figure you make $150 per tourney to pass up such an edge.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a push PF almost always. However, even at this level I think it pays to vary your play HU. Call, raise, push, all with various hands at various times.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesnt pay at all to call preflop with Q9o. Anyone who calls here with Q9o preflop is making a terrible play and doesnt understand sit and gos. I should just stop talking about this, because if this is how people are regularly playing, Its not really to my benefit to educate them.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to change up your play, you can complete QQ or 76s or something where it doesn't cost you some giant amount of expectation to see a flop over pushing.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesnt pay at all to call preflop with Q9o. Anyone who calls here with Q9o preflop is making a terrible play and doesnt understand sit and gos. I should just stop talking about this, because if this is how people are regularly playing, Its not really to my benefit to educate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't get it, and I don't care to get into all that it would take to explain it to you. Pushing is fine, but to say it is optimal because it = $9 and that is the end of it is obstinate.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to change up your play, you can complete QQ or 76s or something where it doesn't cost you some giant amount of expectation to see a flop over pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]
$6-9 is not some giant amount at the $215 level.

P.S. Pushing 67s is just as, if not MORE profitable than pushing Q9o. Check it out.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
$6-9 is not some giant amount at the $215 level.

P.S. Pushing 67s is just as, if not MORE profitable than pushing Q9o. Check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

$7-9 is not some giant amount at the $215 level? You already have about $860 in equity. $9 is a RIDICULOUSLY large amount of money to make in a single hand in a $215 sit and go, especially when headsup and with such a high amount of EV to begin with. Some people's ROIs are 10%, which is pretty decent. Making almost half of that in one hand is pretty signifigant if you ask me, and with most player's calling ranges, you will make about that much.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't get it, and I don't care to get into all that it would take to explain it to you. Pushing is fine, but to say it is optimal because it = $9 and that is the end of it is obstinate.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way how come anyone ever strongly disagrees with my math, their reasoning is "Its too complicated and you obviously dont get it so I won't bother explaining it to you".

There is no way in hell limping has a higher expectation than raising, under basically any circumstance in this spot.