Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 06:03 AM

Default OMFG if I get 1 person in the jury that plays holdem I\'ll get off free

6 handed live 40/80 in LA. I'm dealt QQ UTG and well I raise because these guys are overagg morons and this is like the virtual nuts against them (typical asian players, you know what I mean if you're in LA, BTW I'm asian so I can make fun us)

Only the SB and BB call. Course the flop is AK3 rainbow but they check to me so I bet. SB folds BB calls. Turn is a 7 completing the rainbow, he checks and this is LA where everyone takes 1 off the flop with no pair no draw type sh!t (if you play in LA you'll know what I mean), so I bet anyways.

He checkraises me and something about it tells me ain't got sh1t so I 3 bet his ass. He calls.

River is a 3. He checks and I check figuring I charged someone with JT, QT or 45 the most for their draw. He turns over Q f%$@ing 3 for trips.

And the way he turns it over like he knew his hand was best all the way (like Ted Forrest when he 22 in the stud event vs. Chad Brown).

I muck my hand and if I had my pocket knife with me, I would've probably stabbed the guy. I'd get off scott free too if 1 jury person was a hold'em player.

Oh BTW this is more of a bad beat because I got up and played some paigow after this droping almost 5 dimes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: OMFG if I get 1 person in the jury that plays holdem I\'ll get off

I play holdem, I've served on juries before, and I'd happily send you to the chair for stabbing a fellow poker player.

Peace... BB
Old 12-16-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: OMFG if I get 1 person in the jury that plays holdem I\'ll get off free

Why bet the turn?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:38 AM

I hate hands like this. You push because you just KNOW you have him beat, but the fish somehow wriggles off the hook on the river.

Not Guilty.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM

Do you know how much money you would cost other players if you were to take someone like that out of the game by stabbing them? I think you would have an easier time taking his money at the poker table if he plays like that, than you would if you stabbed him and took stole his wallet.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:44 AM

That depends on how much the player can earn. If they are poor then go ahead and stab them.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: OMFG if I get 1 person in the jury that plays holdem I\'ll get off free

[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bet the hand when I'm ahead? Uh well cause I play poker to make money.

seriously if you play in LA you'd understand, like I said 66% of the players take 1 card off with no pair no draw. Few minutes earlier same player called a my raise and it's 5 players to the flop. A44, now I'm not betting this into 4 other players without an A but of course the same guy called me with QJo on the flop. QJo for the love of god on an A44 flop. Then he folds the turn when he doesn't pair up and actually flashes me his hand and acts disgusted cause he didn't get any part of it, like it was a good hand something. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 07:56 PM

Yeah, well I had aces today, guy UTG limps in, I raise, he calls with K4. Pairs his king on the flop, checks it, I bet he pushes, I call. He gets runner-runner to make a straight with his (censored) four. That's five straight buy ins I've lost with AA or KK getting it all in preflop or on the flop way ahead with one d*ckhead with something like J7s, K6o, K4o, etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Are kidding me? Killing a fish who calls on a AK3 board with a 3. I'd give you the chair (twice) for eliminating him from the fishtank.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:55 AM

Bill Fillmaff says that chicks love hearing bad beat stories, tell her about the time your KK got beat by K3, she'll love it!