Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-16-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Boring.. Paired board gaybet out of the blind HU

47/14 over 50 hands. He's bluffed low pair on an A high river 4 way when the turn and river got checked through in a raised pot. He also raised A3o from the SB against a button open limp, checked a 589 flop 3 way, and bet the turn once the flop checked through and a 5 fell.

I never know what to do in these situations, need a plan. Raise the flop? I planned on calling down or raising if the worse card didn't fall, although I probably would've pussed out on a bunch of other cards which makes me want to raise the flop, just hope he's not a stop and go type.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Boring.. Paired board gaybet out of the blind HU

Raise the flop. Bet the turn, check behind on river. If you're 3-bet or check/raised at any point, I'd probably let it go. I don't know what it is with 6-max, but it seems that EVERY time I raise and the flop comes rags, I get donkbet by random cards.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:15 AM

My plan would be:

Call flop and be prepared to call down unless the following cards hit:

- Any spade except the As or Qs
- Any 8 or 9. These will pair up semi-bluff gutshots or complete some draws.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:05 PM

wow I very often just fold here. If I'm not folding I do what you do.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM

Sometimes I raise this flop, other times I just call the flop and fold UI on the turn. The Donkbet usually means a small pp or a 7. Sometimes it's a 6 trying to be clever.

If I'm raising the flop, I do it to see the river for free. If the turn is checked through and BB fires on the river, I might even call with A high depending on how aggro villain is.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's bluffed low pair on an A high river 4 way when the turn and river got checked through in a raised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't exactly call that a bluff. He will often have the best hand. [ QUOTE ]
He also raised A3o from the SB against a button open limp

[/ QUOTE ]Not exactly an outragous move either.

I'd fold the flop. The SB is betting into the preflop raiser. You have overcards with no draws. You may be drawing to 6 outs or 3 outs. 3 outs is the standard for estimating. On this two flush board, that may be 2 outs. You could be behind trips and be looking for a miracle runner runner. Dump it.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's bluffed low pair on an A high river 4 way when the turn and river got checked through in a raised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't exactly call that a bluff. He will often have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not getting called by a better hand, and the chances of him having the best hand there were pretty slim. Even if he wasn't bluffing he's an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He also raised A3o from the SB against a button open limp

[/ QUOTE ]Not exactly an outragous move either.

I'd fold the flop. The SB is betting into the preflop raiser. You have overcards with no draws. You may be drawing to 6 outs or 3 outs. 3 outs is the standard for estimating. On this two flush board, that may be 2 outs. You could be behind trips and be looking for a miracle runner runner. Dump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be ahead of T9 or a flush draw and have over 30 outs, or he could be behind with A2 and has 3 outs. He's often the one praying for the miracle.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:47 PM

with a guy like you described i would definetly not fold the flop. He knows that by raising you prolly have a big ace and a bet here could just be him trying to win because he thinks you missed. I dont mind a raise here and if you raise and he checks the turn I might just check also and get a free card. The thing with this is, it leaves you open to a river bet from him and you have to decided if ace high is good enough for a showdown. You can also bet the trun and check the river but if you may get checkraised on the turn and then i think you have to fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:51 PM

I'd play it like you. If the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was the 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] instead I'd want to raise the flop.