Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 PM

Default HU on the end with A6

Villan is loose before the flop calling with pretty much any face and never reraising, very weak after the flop, I have taken tons of pots down on the flop by simply betting every time he checks to me, or checking to him on the flop and betting at him when he checks through and a rag falls on the turn. He minraises alot of junk before the flop therefore I fold very often when he bets big before the flop because he rarely does it. I know I have this guy outclassed and I'm not sure why this hand was so hard to make a decision on but he had not pushed all in with any hand the whole heads up match about 30 hands in to it this hand is dealt:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t3887)
Hero (t9613)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, BB calls t400.

Sandard call, he could have anything, ive raised the button almost every time.

Flop: (t1025) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1600</font>, BB calls t1000.

In the past he has called these bets then folded the turn.

Turn: (t4225) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, BB calls t600.

If his bet was a bluff on the flop he would usually fold to any bet on the turn, I was scared that he called my raise on the flop but wanted to build a pot if he checked it to me on the river and i could also fold to a check-raise.

River: (t5425) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1062 (All-In)</font>
Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: HU on the end with A6

put him in on the turn or check it that small bet of 600 achieves nothing, its better to push imo as he will probably call with any K as hes lost the tourney it if he folds now.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:57 PM

If villain had pushed after your flop raise, would you have called? It would've been 1687 to call in a pot of 6087.

After he calls the flop, you're pot committed. Push the turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If villain had pushed after your flop raise, would you have called? It would've been 1687 to call in a pot of 6087.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I woulda pushed over villian's flop bet. To me, the chance to take down this pot is more important than the chance of inducing villian to throw more chips in the middle with a weaker hand. (Maybe if I had 2-pair or TPGK, I might try your line.)

The Shadow