Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather...
have expert precision when straw-puncturing Capri Sun pouches? 33 35.87%
be impervious to the red-eye phenomenon in photographs? 59 64.13%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: moderate moderator?

[ QUOTE ]
Look at my thread on ferguson says have to be very smart is he right form a few days ago. Then let me know what you did to those people in the thread that insulted me ok? You are the liar. Just because you might have santioned someone once or a couple times out of thousands of insults doesnt mean you are enforcing the rules correctly. Every single time i make a post i get insutled unprovoked. A lesser man than me woulda got into big fights with all these guys. But i just asnwer them and try to show them the error of there ways. Yet they keep bashing and you keep doing nothing. If i didn what they do once i would be santioned. They do it every time i post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know you and I haven't read any of your threads, but it seems the fact that you answer every post where someone mentions your name is the problem here. If people know they can provoke you - they will. And it seems like it doesn't take much to get a reaction, based on this thread.

Ignore them - graduate high school - grow up...in that order.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 AM

Does it matter how i react to it? I have a right to defend myself form insults and lies don't i? The question that should be asked is why are they allowed to continue to insult me on a regualr basis? They dont even bother to answer new threads i start. They just call me an idiot flooding my thread with insults so it can never get off the ground. They should be stopped. They we wouldnt have to worry about how i react to it. And look i'm being the bigger man when some guy who never posts here insults me when he knows nothing of the history between me, dynasty and the insulters.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it matter how i react to it? I have a right to defend myself form insults and lies don't i? The question that should be asked is why are they allowed to continue to insult me on a regualr basis? They dont even bother to answer new threads i start. They just call me an idiot flooding my thread with insults so it can never get off the ground. They should be stopped. They we wouldnt have to worry about how i react to it. And look i'm being the bigger man when some guy who never posts here insults me when he knows nothing of the history between me, dynasty and the insulters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my above post again if you want these people to stop. If you choose to ignore it or you don't think that ignoring people is the right thing do to, have fun getting flamed all the time. That's all I have to say.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the poll is more about all of dynasty's decisions since he started moderating this forum. That MANY have said he is way over-zealous, and interfering into too many things instead of staying out of the way unless a real infraction has occured. Some of us think he likes the power and likes to flex his muscles. Espcially with people he doesn't like. He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it. I won't go on about it but it needed to be said. I know you like him because he works hard for you but he needs to treat people in this forum with a little more respect and back off a littel if he wants the members to respect him and like him as a moderator. Just my 2 cents. Please dont ban me for this. Everybody else is allowed to say there 2 cents please let me. I wont go on about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I must agree with you, sir. He suspended me for calling Mike Matusow an a-hole. The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. Give me a break. First of all, in my post, I called him an a-hole, and then wrote that I am too. In other words, I'm just like him. I'm on his side. I then went on to say how there are people like him in every walk of life. It's not like I went Mike Tyson on him and said I want to eat his children or said he should die, which is something people on here have said to me. Have they been suspended for that, no. But just call the guy an a-hole (an opinion shared by 99% of people who know him, 99.5% if you include his immediate family) and you get a week off with no 2+2. Secondly, if Matusow is so thin-skinned that a few harsh words toward him would prevent him from participating in intellectual debate, do you really want him to participate? Don't you think he's heard worse from better players than me?
Is it my understanding, then, that we can only express our opinions here as long as they don't offend the moderators?
And, if Dynasty doesn't enjoy the power, then why does he brag about it? link
Well, I'll see all of you after the suspension I receive for criticizing Dynasty.
I'll know I've truly made it in the poker world when nobody on 2+2 can say mean things about me that may hurt my feelings.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:44 PM

What good does it do me to ignore Smoothcall when someone has to quote everyone of his posts?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:53 PM

Ironically, subject of most recent brouhaha Paul Phillips more or less took care of this a long time ago.

<rolls eyes>
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must agree with you, sir. He suspended me for calling Mike Matusow an a-hole. The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us not forget that Mason has personally scared off two pros. He ran Daniel Negreanu out of the forum earlier this year and recently banned Paul Phillips. Of course, it's their board and they can do what they like, but this argument about not wanting to upset the pros is empty.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is not treating all the people in the forum equally fairly. Like he feels he can do as he likes. Even if the forum members don't like what he is doing. Not trying to start trouble matt but this is the reality and everyone in this forum knows it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the reality.

Everyone gets treated fairly/equally. And, I don't feel like I can do whatever I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

With respect, Dynasty, I don't think you can reasonably make the claim that everyone gets treated fairly/equally. That sort of blanket claim hints at hubris. The best you can do is state that that is your intention. It is for others (although not necessarily smoothcall) to judge how fair or even-handed your decisions are.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 PM

>>The explanation I was given is that they are trying to encourage the t.v. players to participate on these forums and they don't want to create a hostile environment which would discourage them from doing so. <<

This seems extremely bizarre, given the circumstances of the Paul Phillips sitebanning.

After all, Phillips is a well known pro who often appears on television who had an innocuous post summarily deleted, and then was given an ultimatum to privately and publicly abase himself by apologizing - when he was the one who by any reasonable standard was seriously wronged and offended.

I really can't express my true feelings about the way this incident was handled by the mods and owners of this forum, because that would lead to an immediate and irrevocable sitebanning.

It doesn't need to be plainly expressed anyway - this incident speaks for itself. I will say that I am looking forward to what Phillips has to say about this fiasco on his website.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let us not forget that Mason has personally scared off two pros. He ran Daniel Negreanu out of the forum earlier this year and recently banned Paul Phillips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a gross mischaracterization. They ran themselves off by expecting to be treated as and acting as prima donnas instead of being solid contributors like (hopefully) the rest of us.