PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (7 handed) converter

Button ($165.15)
SB ($99.20)
Hero ($210)
UTG ($31.25)
MP1 ($146.55)
MP2 ($177.70)
CO ($116.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.50, MP1 calls $4.50, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($18) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, Hero ?

I probably should have bet out here for information. I have a fairly good read on the other player, though. He will often bet big on the flop with top pair and slow down on the turn.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: A Clear Fold? Middle Set flop action

I dont think folding can be that horribly wrong.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:18 PM

Yeah, after thinking it over and discussing the hand with beset7, I think it's a pretty clear fold. A better line would have been to bet the flop and fold to a raise.

I ended up making what was probably the worst move, flat calling the flop. The turn was a Th, he checked, I checked behind. He's not folding here if he has AA and he could easily have AAJ or AAQ which would entice a call.

The river was the beautiful Kd and my bad play won me a big pot after he potted it and paid off my all in with, of course, AA.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:26 AM

Folding second nuts on the flop isnt a clear move. If you fold every time you flop a set in a raised pot with an ace on board you thinking about folding? Folding the flop is weak and you should be come out firing on the flop or maybe check/raise if you know hes gonna bet in position.

Slow down when the ten comes, he could easily be semibluffing with a holding like Qs Js 9h 8h which is a raising hand in position.

Say a six or an ACE comes on the river and you make your kings full, you considering about folding?