Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor #1 (grudge match)

bye jake, thinman stays.

jake was supposed to quit anyway, that lasted what, 2 days?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:13 PM

cya Thinman
Old 10-16-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are breaking your own rule that you set as a bannable offense for this forum.

You are treating OOT as your own personal little kingdom or island or whatever. Twoplustwo allowed you to be a mod to clean up the forum, and keep things tasteful. Though I don't disagree that the content in some of the banned posters' threads should not be here, as with all other mods, banning should be your last resort. You have other tools at your discretion for cleaning up this place such as the ability to edit, delete, or move unwanted posts. Try using those instead of banning everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I just want to add one thing: if one or both of the people up for banning have broken rules of OOT for which the punishment is banishment, then they should simply be banned. Why have a vote? It's not like every OOTiot is up to date on the offenses of Jake and ThinMan.

Oh, wait, now I remember: it's just childishness. I can't believe someone gave [censored] power over this forum, and I can't believe he hasn't lost it yet.

Let them both stay.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM

Peacers Thinman. (I'm not in favor of jake much, but Thinman has to go post haste).
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well said. I just want to add one thing: if one or both of the people up for banning have broken rules of OOT for which the punishment is banishment, then they should simply be banned. Why have a vote? It's not like every OOTiot is up to date on the offenses of Jake and ThinMan.

Oh, wait, now I remember: it's just childishness. I can't believe someone gave [censored] power over this forum, and I can't believe he hasn't lost it yet.

Let them both stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.. you're sooooo banned
Old 10-16-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is an obvious difference between me doing this and someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are breaking your own rule that you set as a bannable offense for this forum.

You are treating OOT as your own personal little kingdom or island or whatever. Twoplustwo allowed you to be a mod to clean up the forum, and keep things tasteful. Though I don't disagree that the content in some of the banned posters' threads should not be here, as with all other mods, banning should be your last resort. You have other tools at your discretion for cleaning up this place such as the ability to edit, delete, or move unwanted posts. Try using those instead of banning everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Mat gave [censored] mod privelages it was with the IDEA that he would be banning anyone that he didn't like. [censored] made it VERY clear that was what he was going to be using his mod powers for. Most of OOT said yes and Mat said yes. So I don't know why you think that Mat would suddenly care now.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is an obvious difference between me doing this and someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Mat gave [censored] mod privelages it was with the IDEA that he would be banning anyone that he didn't like. [censored] made it VERY clear that was what he was going to be using his mod powers for. Most of OOT said yes and Mat said yes. So I don't know why you think that Mat would suddenly care now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when it's working so well.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am at a loss. I'm am not sure which is funnier, thinking I care about something like this, or actually thinking you can 'get rid' of me.

Here are a couple of hints.

The only vote that matters to me has been cast.

I travel where I want and when I want on the information super highway.

There is really nothing any of you can do about either one of these two points.

But good luck anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a point..
Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 PM

FWIW- when I heard this idea my thought was "great, but I can't think of a person I'd want doing it less than [censored]"

In looking at the work he's done, I was wrong. He's making very good choices.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let them both stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point.

But ThinMan annoys me.... Buh bye.
Closed Thread