Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 PM

Default What do you differently here? (there must be something)

Villian is DarthDonkey, he has been playing in these games a lot. He is weird, he'll complete the SB with AJ and then go apeshit with medicore hands sometimes.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: What do you differently here? (there must be something)

capp the flop and lead the turn?

When you've 3betted OOP with a8o I think this is the perfect flop to hope for no? I wouldn't get too clever with a pair of 8s.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 PM

Gabe,

Against this particular villain I would probably prefer betting the turn to checkraising the turn. In general, I think a good line against him might be to bet-call, bet-call, and bet-?? on the river.

Also, was the other player in your 3-handed match a donk? Just curious about table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 10-12-2005, 10:33 PM

Neither of them were donkeys, but i felt like i had an edge. I was running poorly earlier in the session, and when i started getting the cards to change gears i felt like they were having some trouble adapting to my play.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:41 PM

I would just 3bet teh flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 PM

3 bet flop and lead turn. Don't like to wait for turn to c/r cuz there are lots of scare cards that can hit
Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villian is DarthDonkey, he has been playing in these games a lot. He is weird, he'll complete the SB with AJ and then go apeshit with medicore hands sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:45 PM

I see you guys playing short in the Eurobet games all the time when they are pretty bad. A lot of times they are bad when it's full, too. Part of the key to moving up is doing so in games that won't swing you all over the god damn place. As far as your play in this hand, I think you played it well. Donkey is pretty aggro and it looks like here you snapped off a 3 bet for a free showdown play. FWIW it's highly unlikely that you have a significant edge(if any) over this particular player.
-James
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 PM

What would you define a scare scard as? I have the best hand here almost all of the time, and he usually has something like 5 outs, although it's more if he has a flush draw. Anyway, i think after this action he is betting the turn almost 100% of the time here, i would love to get 2BB's in on a lot of cards here.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:52 PM

Interesting stuff James. First of all, i felt villian in this hand was quite tricky, and i can think of instances where he outplayed me, so i don't assume i would natrually have an edge over him. What i meant to say was i think his image of me was off because of the way the cards had been going, so there was a brief period where both and him and my other opponent were not quite sure how i was playing.

As far as the quality of the games, it's interesting to hear you say what you did. I don't think the games are a cakewalk, but each time i have played i have always thought i had been able to identify 1-2 people at the table who were going to make the game worth playing, but i guess you feel these lineups aren't proftable for a player like myself. (I don't take offense to this, i really try to absord what you say here) That said, i don't know what qualifies a game as worthwhile, there are not too many total fish at this level in my limited experience, i just try to shave what i can against the medium players.

Gabe