Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: I\'ve done good in Poker, What car should I buy

How much is the new M5?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 AM

I like the M3 a lot, but it's a pimp car.
Save a bit more money and go for Aston Martin.

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecars/v12vanquishs
Old 09-13-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chevy Corvette C6 Z06 (More like Z0 Sex am i rite?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Vette gets 'em wet.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 AM

If you have 80K, why not get 2 cars... An H2 and one of those new Mustangs would keep me happy.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the M3 a lot, but it's a pimp car.
Save a bit more money and go for Aston Martin.

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecars/v12vanquishs

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the Vanquish really cheaper than the M3?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:28 AM

hehehehe

I bought a 1977 Corvette with some of my money. 4 speed manual transmission...in a city with a stoplight at every damn block. So I sold it a few months later. I got a performance car for 8 grand and felt bad after I bought it. I hated that car within a week of buying it.

Seems like you have had a good upswing but i would save that money for the downswings...which we all have. Invest some of that money (or all if you want) in something that makes you money. Why would you invest in something that is going to lose value faster than the President's approval rating. Cars are always a bad investment. Yea the short term "boner" factor is fine, but in the long run you will hate your decision.

Another route would be to buy an import car that the kids are hot rodding up. I'm not into it and have no idea what cars they are using but i am sure you can get one cheap and make it your own hot rod. Plus you can make money when you win races. Just don't get yourself killed.

I put my extra money into an annuity fund and I buy pool cues that are hand made. I put the cues up in a dealer case and I don't touch them. For example: I purchased a Verl Horn cue while he was still alive, my friend didn't like the cue and sold it to me for 300 bucks. Once he passed away the cue price doubled and now the cue sells on ebay for 1600 dollar or higher. So yes I sold it. 5x on an investment is pretty good. I don't know enough about coins or other investments. I just know pool cues and that is good enough for me.

To find good pool cues cheap, just go to an action bar and wait. Enjoy yourself, eat dinner, drink a few brewskis. Someone will lose their money to another player and will have to sell his cue to keep playing. So you can buy a cue cheap. You have to know cue values before you start buying. This is easy. Get the Blue Book Of Pool Cues and memorize it. I buy at least 6 cues a year this way. I mak out big on these investments. Once in a while you can find a deal in a pawn shop, but not very often and especially not in Florida.

Yes the cue angle is a narrow one, but it works for me.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:38 AM

I don't think so. Too much of the awesomeness is under the hood and it looks non-descript. He wants the ladies not the men who know cars.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM

I bought a new Porsche 911 Targa 2 years ago from my poker proceeds.

That was still when my poker winnings were strictly luxury since i had a good playing job.

Over last year its been poker fulltime, and even though im doing ok from it, i have since sold the porsche and traded it in for a BMW 330i premium sport, just because i'd rather lower expenses in case of a nasty run of cards, and i wanted to put the porsche proceeds into ready cash if needed (which i have not yet).

Don't forget about related expenses for a hi end car like insurance (especially for a young single male such as yourself), winter storage if you live where it snows, and if so, what will u drive in winter, depreciation, servicing on these dream machines is very costly, even though it takes the same amount of work as doing doing an oil change on a stratus, they will charge you 4X as much.

Its not just the cost of purchasing the car, its all these other things that add (or subtract i should say) significantly to your monthly balance sheet
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 AM

My job in real life is buying used cars for a dealership. I also think don't blow your money on a car. If you insist on buying an expensive ride I would buy a used Lexus SC430. If you were going to be more reasonable an Accord coupe if you wanted 2 door or an Acura 3.2TL if you wanted sedan. In general the cost of driving a Japanese car is substantially less then a German car. Any thing other then Japanese or German should not be considered if we are talking about cars.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Maserati

You can find one slightly used (less than 5k miles) in this price range