Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Crazy hand at MGM did i make the right play?

1/2NL game at MGM 11 PM about
I'm in the BB and get dealt AK off i have 350 or so in front of me , UTG + 1 raises to 17 he's got about 300 in front of him. Then another player comes back over the top of him and reraises to 34. All fold to me and i just flat call the 34. The guy who puts in the intial raise makes a comment on how if i call , he has to call. So we all see the flop. A23 2 diamonds. I check hoping to slow play, UTG +1 bets out 40 , and the other player flat calls, i then raise it up to 120, UTG +1 then pushes all in for about a lil less than 300, then next guy thinks for 5 mins and finally calls, and it gets back around to me. The intial guy who pushed all in and has stood up as has most of the table. I'm thinking and thinking, would he really raise $17 preflop with 2's or 3's and then call the $ 34 dollars preflop? I don't think so. I call he flips over 2's, other player flips over AK and i flip over AK turn is a 3 giving me a ray of light and the river is a blank. The pot was 1k.

My question is should i have reraised preflop to get this ass clown with the pocket dueces out of the hand? Surely we wouldnt have called with a reraise and another reraise in front of him would he. Secondly hindsight is only 20/20 i thought for several minutes and i just knew he hit that damn set and i couldnt fold, is there anyway i could have gotten away from the hand, after reraising to $120 on the flop, and it only costing me $ 170 more to call?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Crazy hand at MGM did i make the right play?

This really should be in the Pl and Nl forum, not B&M.