Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Rio and WSOP cash games

so i went down there today and there were a ton more cash games going than i thought would be, anyone played in any of em that can shed some light on the competition at the cash games at the wsop at that level, thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Rio and WSOP cash games

the 6/12 and 10/20 were good, not outstanding but generally pretty good, some drunken players, some normaly poor players, etc. The 5/5 PLO8 game seemed very tight and beatable.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 AM

What are the satellites running for the smaller events?. I hope to get into many of the WSOP 2006 (yes, its a while) smaller events buying doing 10 seater sats. Do they run them often? Any idea what the chip count and blind structure is on these sats? Btw- how big is that freaking WSOP room at the rio anyways? Any info you can provide is appreciated.

P.S.- The final table of the main event. Is that going to be held at the Rio or Binions?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:35 PM

ME Final Table is at Binions.

-d
Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 PM

There are no $10 sats. They are all 50+. They award X number of $ in tourney entry chips.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are no $10 sats. They are all 50+. They award X number of $ in tourney entry chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 SEATER, not $10.

T
Old 06-06-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean the super satellites, right? The next day's event satellite I want to play in is $275.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 07:04 PM

do you know what limits and how many tables are spread at rio? i'll be staying there from the 19th to the 25th.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Therewere tons of sats and cash games running when i went down there, seemed like they had tables set up with the buy in, all u had to do was walk up and plunk down your $$, they also had line for sats, it looked like the line was for the most frequently run sat, prolly the $ 175 or $ 225 buyin, and when they got 10 they sent them to a table. There were also tables with 1 or 2 people sitting at them waiting for others to join in to start a sat. I hope to get down there and at least sit in a cash game and maybe try a sat or something. Within the next week.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:57 PM

The 2-5 NL game I played in yesterday was crappy. Maybe two softer players, but nothing to write home about, and certainly nowhere near as much $$ to be made as at MGM, Aladdin, or elsewhere in the same 2-5 NL games. The guy on my immediate left said he'd placed 24th in the $1500 event that began June 3, and his play seemed to back up the assertion from what little I saw.

The lists were all F*d up on Monday for the cash games, the dealers were incredibly sub-par, and a few other things just sort of made me not want to continue to play there. Cocktail waitresses were impossible to find. That said, I did see some larger money games that looked like they had plenty of gambool to them, including the PLO games and a 20/40. So maybe it's just a matter of hitting the right games...