Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: PC-ness has replaced logic & reasoning.

You parrot the PC party line like a pro. You must be the victim of a US college education.

I'm aware that there exists many friendly pit bulls but I still do not turn my back to them hoping the one in front of me is in that group. I use dog breed to discriminate absent any other information regarding the individual. I do the same in poker, giving more respect to the 65 YO than the 20 YO. When I meet an unknown black man for the first time I can safely assume he's 50 +/- times less likely to have won the Nobel prize in physics than a random white man. I can also assume he's 5-10 times more likely to have commited a violent felony, 3-4 times more likely to have been raised w/o a father in the home etc. I'm not concerned with the 'why' of it, only the trend of the population data set.

This is simply using the available data to make a guess at probabilities. I think that makes me a racist. I self-apply the term to take away the club so quickly wielded by the PC police.