Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Switching to MTT.

PokerRoom has rolling $5, $10 and $20 MTT's every 15 min (150 to 400 players usually) and a good structure. No antes rewards the patient player. Your monsters early will usually get paid off.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:47 PM

Your looking at 8-9 a day in the 20-50 rande thats EXCLUDING their "turbos" and mini sats....

The numbers of participants really depends on the time of day you play...Genrally from 150-450 id say.

If you want HUGE fields and 8 hour slugfests....sTARS IS CERTAINLY a better choice.

Is also add the consensus is that UB players are average in terms of skill level(somewhere between PP and Stars) and perhaps on the weak tight side of the spectrum.

Oh and the juice will be at 10% of buyin at the levels you asked for. Seems about par...though if you want to play in some of the 5 dollar tournies its still 10% where I believe some other sites make it a buck.

Any other ??

P.S. there are alot of 5 - 10 dollar tournies for the other poster who was wondering like a dozen to 15 (5 bucks) maybe 9-12 (10 bucks) Seems ample to me personally but I dont ever multitable and rarely play more than 5 or so a week.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerRoom has rolling $5, $10 and $20 MTT's every 15 min (150 to 400 players usually) and a good structure. No antes rewards the patient player. Your monsters early will usually get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I didn't know they had tournys. I do know they have craps though [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

outs
Old 01-24-2005, 05:52 PM

Thanks Zaxx!

outs
Old 01-25-2005, 10:56 AM

Craps can be brutal... but PokerRoom.com probably runs more tournaments than both Party and Stars, but they have fewer players and smaller buy-ins. A lot better structure than Party and about the same structure as Stars. I like the new payout structure in their European and US Daily ($50+4) also, very flat but with a nice first prize. Nice for a wanna-be pro on a tight bankroll as myself! :-)

The Quirky Kirko