Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Big pot, overpair, called down, rethinking

About 15 hands in at a loose table. Villain is UTG and has been limp happy and not overly aggressive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Villain check-raises, I three-bet because he could be messin' around with AT, though unlikely as he seemed average passive, or maybe a flush draw but I didn't think he would make that play either. Actually I don't know why I raised.

If villain is on a flush draw, is it correct for him to check-raise?

Though villain was loose, he wasn't loose enough to play T2, T3, or 32. I put him on a set after his flop cap.

Turn: (16.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

I put villain on a set, I don't have the odds for a two outer so the reason I'm calling is that I don't believe myself?

River: (19.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
Old 10-04-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Big pot, overpair, called down, rethinking

Yoy played it fine I think. The pot is too big for you to fold and you have lots of outs to beat 2 pair if you are not already beating a flush draw.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yoy played it fine I think. The pot is too big for you to fold and you have lots of outs to beat 2 pair if you are not already beating a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's limping T3, T2, or 23 though.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 AM

So basically it's either a flush draw (possible), an overpair, AA or anything else that you beat (less likely) or a set. I still think you can't fold.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:15 AM

Grunch:

all the same with exception to flop

Flop: call instead of 3-bet worried about two pair or flush draw. Call down and hope no diamond falls.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:15 AM

It looks like a set also, but 2pair is also played the same. Sets are often check/raised on the turn.

I'm not sure you can fold anywhere here, After he caps hes saying i can beat your premium hand. If your folding anywhere it'd be the river(you have many hidden outs Vs 2 pair).

And folding river in a 20BB pot, Is a no no.