Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 PM

Default JJ in an awkward position

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero then ....?????

What should I do?
Bet/Fold, Check/Fold, Check/Call, or OTHER?
Should I have bet the turn again?

MP was 63/5/0.77 over 19hands.
Button was 44/0/0.19 over 22hands.

Thx for any comments.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero should ....?

What should I do here? No reads. Thx for any comments
Old 08-03-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: JJ in an awkward position

Hand 1
I would bet the turn and fold to a raise. At the river I dont think you can bet, theres not many worse hands that call you. I would check/call, I dont think you can fold given the size of the pot.

Hand 2
I play it the same way and I would call down against an unknown
Old 08-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Bet the turn. With the passivity you've seen so far (though not many hands), you can bet the river again and feel fairly comfortable folding to a raise.

Second hand: I would call down. That's probably wrong, though.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:13 PM

I dont think its wrong to call down in hand 2 against an unknown. He might raise a pair with a flush or straghtdraw or overplay top pair. You might be drawing dead but if he got 2 pair you have 6 outs to a better 2pair and 2outs to hit your set and the pot is pretty big so I think its an easy calldown.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 PM

1)bet the turn and the river, you are ahead pretty often on the turn. Try putting your opponent on a range.
The river is a pretty crap card, but after you shown weakness, they prolly call A-high and any pair. Thats alot more than they bet if you check.

2)call down. I think you will see turned draw in addition to whatever pair he raised you with on the flop often enough to call on the river and you canīt fold the turn as you have many outs vs 2 pair.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 PM

i would probably have cr the flop in hand 2 to get rid of bb and call down a flop three bet or a turn raise without reads....