Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Another SS post....Micro views rock!

I have been meaning to start *grunching*, and this is a really interesting hand. Here we go ...

Raise pf. After the limp, I want to fold to 2 bets because I think we're going to have some tough decisions postflop. Pretty sure there's a line in SSHE about this - about tightening up in these situations and treating it as a coldcall. I'm at work so can't look it up right now.

BTW when I see someone limp reraise pf I have no idea what to make of it.

I want to reraise the flop b/c the pot is so big and it'd be nice to get rid of some opponents, but I think the call is probably better. There's a decent chance our overcards aren't good, anyway.

Double gutshot on the turn requires a call.

Crying call is good on the river.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:03 AM

Grunch

I'm not sure I like calling PF when it comes back two more bets. Obviouslly, you might like playing this hand becasue if you hit your straight or flush it will be well hidden and probably pay off well. However, I fold PF.

If you continue I fold post flop since you overcard outs are probably compramised and you are pretty much looking at RR flush or straight for ~3 outs + overcards ~1.5 outs.

EDIT: Missed the 1 card gutshot. Cant complain now about the way the hand played other than pf.

Greg
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I like calling PF when it comes back two more bets. Obviouslly, you might like playing this hand becasue if you hit your straight or flush it will be well hidden and probably pay off well. However, I fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Hellmouth. This hand is why you guys go on 200BB downswings.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Hellmouth. This hand is why you guys go on 200BB downswings.

[/ QUOTE ]
o rly
Old 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Page 86 of SSH reccomends folding easily dominated hands if it comes back to you for two after limping, folding AJ in a multiway pot is the actual example given!

Mat
Old 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM

m-kay. Thanks for sharing that.

---

OP - This is a somewhat speculative hand that *really* benefits from table reads. Assuming good table selection, yadda, yadda, yadda...

3 limpers makes this a pretty good hand to play. This is a PFR for me as I don't really want any new customers; I'm happy with getting position on the ones I have. If you're perceived as a better player than the SB, you may not get the 3-bet BS and in any case, you've advertised some strength that may collar the LRR if you flop a draw.

As it played out, I think the LRR is intended to isolate SB with position as much as it is to value bet and as such, I don't think his 3-betting range needs to be anywhere near as tight as AA-QQ/AKs. I see this in Micros from PPs as weak as 77 and with the right reads, I think this may be correct if you think you can fold tighter players behind you.

SB flop bet looks like a donk bet into the raiser to figure out if he's got a PP or overs. Probably 88ish; I can't see an overpair slowing down. Suited overcards might donk this under the assumption that LRR missed the flop, but that's pretty speculative. UTG+1 flop bet looks like continued isolation, but he could very well be in the lead. I agree with the call, but I think this would be easier had we raised pre-flop.

Turn: picked up the OESD for 8 clean outs + our tainted/dominated pair outs. Clear call.

River: call/fold. Since SB went passive on the flop, I don't expect him to wake up on the river and too often in Micros, these hands are just folded around on the river to the aggressor when they don't improve.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Page 86 of SSH reccomends folding easily dominated hands if it comes back to you for two after limping, folding AJ in a multiway pot is the actual example given!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the example in question... your rendition suggests it was offsuit, in which case, I agree. If you're going to quote SSH examples, maybe you can find the ones pertaining to raising any two suited broadway (might be first-in only) in loose games.

In any event, this might be one of those cases Ed Miller talks about with regards to experienced players "taking off the training wheels" and adapting to table conditions. If I'm looking at the early limpers and seeing that they are "any two" guys, I'm going to treat the hand like I'm first-in with dead money already in the pot and outplay them after the flop.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM

I don't know if 3-betting with this hand was the play. Even calling is questionable, unless you anticipate a lot of people that you can outplay. Trouble is a lot more marginal flops will hit then you can miss.

From the flop on, you play was great, you had the odds to coldcall that in position. The turn was fine as well seeing you picked up an openender. The river is a must call. I know the UTG+1 most likly has you beat, but the pot is huge and you have the top pair. I am guessing he has a set, but you never know.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Yeah I agree. suited cards would suffer less from domination, and yes the example is AJo Still looking for one with suited broadways, thats the closest I've found so far!

TBH I think preflop here is very close, theres not much between folding calling or raising, you aren't going to be winning this one very often, but when you do it's going to be a big pot!

A solid read on UTG+1 could swing it one way or another.

Mat
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM

I'll add myself to the list of people who play the hand the same way the OP did. Raising preflop would be good too, but I don't think it's a requirement.

[ QUOTE ]
I said to 3bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like a flop 3-bet here because there's basically zero chance that you currently have the best hand and your free card chances are unknown (but doubtful). If I had a solid read that all the other players were very passive, I could see it -- but we don't have any of that here.