Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: I am confident I was just PWNED

Thanks a lot for all of your replies! I absolutely must start raising AKs PF in spots like this. I've been experimenting (with good success) with limping AK in the early levels, but I think that this is a must raise now.

Postflop, this guy just pwned me with his minbet on the turn. Something in my head screamed HE HAS THE FLUSH OMG and I just called, planning on calling up to about 100 on the river. The river K didn't help my hand if he has a flush, so I just called as well, happy to see his flush for cheap. By see his flush I mean see his Q8o, unfortunately. I ended up winning this hand, but cost myself some money with the passive play.

I pretty rarely see monsters like this, normally I'm the opposite and don't give enough credit, but this guy's minbet just sold me completely. After thinking it over, I think raising him on the turn is the best way to play this hand, and if you just call on the turn I think raising the K river is a must too. I believe if I had have raised him on the river and he pushed or reraised I would have folded, which I don't think is terrible, neither is raising and calling.

Thanks so much for all the help!