Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Hit & Run Poker

Just starting in on-line poker. Obviously I'd like to 1) build a bankroll and 2) get much better at hold'em. Anything wrong with a playing at a $25 NL table, getting up about $5 then bailing and doing it again at another table (strictly for building a bankroll)?
Anyone run into problems trying hit & run poker?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Hit & Run Poker

Hit and running is just worthless IMO. I don't really understand what point people are trying to serve by doing it. If you think it keeps people from getting reads on you, don't bother because at low limits they don't make reads anyhow. As a good player you are the one that should be making the reads, so staying longer will benefit you. Building your stack at the table is also to your benefit.

Maybe I'm missing something? Why would you want to hit and run a table?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:26 AM

My thought was to make a few quick bucks, and get out before I do something stupid and give it back.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:03 AM

As cliched as this sounds, it's all one big session. If you think you start making mistakes after being at a table for awhile then that's probably a good place to start eliminating holes in your game. Believe me, there is just no good reason to hit and run a table.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:05 AM

money management
Old 05-01-2005, 06:49 AM

i think another issue is he wants to "bank" his winnings each time to avoid getting stacked by a bad beat or error...If you only had one buyin and still insisted on playing ring, i guess this wouldn't be too bad of a strategy....
Old 05-01-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just starting in on-line poker. Obviously I'd like to 1) build a bankroll and 2) get much better at hold'em. Anything wrong with a playing at a $25 NL table, getting up about $5 then bailing and doing it again at another table (strictly for building a bankroll)?
Anyone run into problems trying hit & run poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are worried about making errors while playing a deeper stack I suggest you buy-in short (50xBB) and look to get all-in on a favorable flop then cash out, rat-hole the money away and do it again.

You'll won't learn much about poker doing this but it works. It's considered poor ettiquette to rathole in the real world but online its common.