Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Why move up?

If this was aimed at me, my vague and weird post was supposed to support moving up and improving your actual poker skill. Who wants to be the best of the worst?

-T
Old 05-07-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, your's isn't? Man, I dream of living at home with 3 big screen tvs, one showing nonstop sports, and the other two my 8 tables. Once you get the comfy chair with a built-in fridge and a wife to make you snacks you have it made in the shade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you need to get a lap top so you can put in on the coffee table and play poker laying down on your side watching TV in the background like I do. My girlfriend only sometimes brings me food and snacks. I am going to get a second monitor soon but this is going to screw up me watching TV while laying on my side and playing poker at the same time. It's really a pain in the ass to sit up so I have to figure out a set up that works. I don't want to play poker sitting up just so I can see the TV over my 2 screens. Sometimes life is a bitch.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, your's isn't? Man, I dream of living at home with 3 big screen tvs, one showing nonstop sports, and the other two my 8 tables. Once you get the comfy chair with a built-in fridge and a wife to make you snacks you have it made in the shade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree with this. As it says in SSHE, poker is a horrible thing to practice if your intention is to get the accolades of your peers. Skill then is only for skills sake. The only criteria that matters to me is my hourly rate. I would play 400 tables of .25/.50 if I could - A) do it, B) make my highest earn, C) not suffer much in my quality of life.

The only convincing argument to me for less tables > more tables is that its A) Its harder to notice things / take notes AND you are most likely in need of doing so at this point. B) If you're making big mistakes it will be harder to notice them, and they will become ingrained into making them harder to fix. C) You're results can be misleading, even if you study carefully. If you're multitabling a lot, and have even a small win rate it's multiplied manyfold. You may think you can easily move up becuase of your winnings, but unfortunately your win rate may of been small, now it may be mildly negative AND amplified manyfold.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:43 AM

Not everyone will be a winner at 1/2 NL and up. I'm not sure I can do it.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:48 AM

Just decide what you want. If it's money/hourly rate then go for whatever you make the most at. If you want a challenge and to feel like you are advancing as player, then moving up might be better. There's also nothing that says you can't do both.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to be the best of the worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I do.