Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Turn Action

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else notice there was a 2 on the flop, but no 2 on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good observation

hopefully villain is wondering where his set went on the turn
Old 03-22-2005, 07:58 PM

your check was either a missfire or brilliant.

i take it you are committed. this is the time to make the decision. if you are not committed, fold.

if you are committed, you need to get more money in. all in is fine. sometimes i bet less for many reasons, but all in is fine.

matt
Old 03-22-2005, 08:07 PM

I definitely fire the turn here. Is a solid player really smooth calling w/ a set on that flop? Doubt it. Is the game really so passive preflop that villain would limp w/ QQ from EP/MP? And again, would villain smooth call on the flop w/ an overpair? I suppose he might be showing respect to your UTG beg on the flop, but given your description of the game, i think you're good a vast majority of the time here.

Especially w/ SB being the type of awful player to call w/ any draw or a weak TP-type hand, why not fire pot on the turn?

Once you check, however, and solid player makes basically a pot-sized bet, I have him pretty squarely on an A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], etc. type of hand, and from there, a CR all-in sounds just about right.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 PM

Who said "Never go broke in an unraised pot". And why?

I dont' think I check the turn, I'm leading. But you did so now I'm raising, probably to all in, because I have no clue what they are drawing to or have and I simply have to figure top two is the best at this point.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 AM

I would bet the turn, I can't think of any good conceptual reasons for this other than the action doesn't feel right, it feels very awkward if you check it. Now you are out of position maybe playing for a 150 BB stack with top two pair against a solid player in an unraised pot preflop. I don't like raising all in because of my last sentence but any decent size raise pot commits you. I don'tk now it's all ugly
Old 03-23-2005, 01:25 AM

sort of seems like villain also has 10 Q, but maybe that's just me.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 AM

Seeing as how it's an unraised pot and you have no idea where you're at, I would fold and just fight another day. I don't understand the turn check. I think it's pretty clear you should have bet $500 on the turn and hoped to get heads up with the SB. Given your decision to check I would just get out and hope to get it in on another hand against one of the live ones.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:14 AM

Bet $150 - $175 on the flop. Check the turn.

Then call.

Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] will come on the river.

If not, call or check call/check fold etc depending on reads and/or players betting. If say the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the river and SB bets......and you have a solid player behind you......

I'm out of practice so all this may be whacked. If so, please ignore.

A UTG preflop rise to $40 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not a bad idea if done during a blue moon.

-Zeno

Edit: Rats, I forgot I quit posting here. All the above is very bad advice. Expunge it from your mind.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:27 AM

you guys can't be serious...check folding QT is way too frikkin weak tight. do you honestly believe that solid player is keeping this pot four handed with a set when there're straight draws and flush draws a plenty? PLEASE. shove the chips in the middle already.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your decision to check I would just get out and hope to get it in on another hand against one of the live ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the worst advice i've ever seen posted in this forum