Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 AM

Default Zerorake goes under...

They closed their doors and sold off their player list and/or the $25k freeroll to a site called HolyCowPoker (not kidding on that name lol)
Old 09-24-2004, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Zerorake goes under...

Consider me shocked and awed.

Who could have ever seen such a thing forthcoming?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:51 AM

do you have a link or something to this information?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:06 AM

September 23rd , 2004

$25,000 FREEROLL Tournament

We'd like to take this opportunity thank all of you who play at Zero Rake and continue to support it.

Unfortunately the support for the Internet's only rake free site has been much less then we'd expected. With that said, the time has come for our $25,000 Freeroll Tournament. Click here for all the details on the tournament.

We have partnered with Holy Cow Poker to expand the tournament and make it even more exciting. Because you previously signed up at Zero Rake you will receive 10 Promo Bucks, which can be used as entry into Stage 1 of the tournament. These will be automatically added to your account on September 30th 2004 just before 3pm EST.

To participate in this tournament you must click here and sign up for an account at Holy Cow Poker. If you encounter a problem signing up where your email address is already in the system, please use another valid email address. Click here to go to Holy Cow Poker.

You will receive an email to validate your account before you can play at Holy Cow Poker. To ensure you get this email, please add support@holycowpoker.com to your address books prior to signing up.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Holy Cow Poker customer support team at support@holycowpoker.com. Please remember that the 10 Promo Bucks will be automatically added to your Holy Cow Poker account on September 30th 2004 just before 3pm EST.

Sincerely,

The ZeroRake.com Team

---------------

10:1 says the sacred bovine site is the same people, they just decided they needed to start charging rake.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

10:1 says the sacred bovine site is the same people, they just decided they needed to start charging rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

could be, who knows tho. Not that it really matters, I think any new site is doomed to failure unless someone comes up with something substancially different from whats out there already. I still think there will be a succesful rake free site in the future, I think zerorake had a shot at making it, but their marketing was non existant, and it was obvious whoever was in charge didnt know much about poker.

I looked around at that holycow place. It seems waaaay to cheesy for me. Daisy the dancing cow?? Whos the idiot that came up with that marketing concept.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:52 AM

Holy Cow Poker isn't a new stand alone site, it's a skin off the Action Poker Network. Like GoldenPalacePoker is a skin off the Apex Network (tribecca tables).

If we're being honest, Zero Rake didn't make it because players like us who read these type of forums didn't support it. I saw their ads at pokerpages, in cardplayer and the cp website. They definatley marketed the site.

Although, if I'm not mistaken the site isn't totally closed. They just made a deal with HCP to host to freeroll.

Instyle007
Old 09-24-2004, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy Cow Poker isn't a new stand alone site, it's a skin off the Action Poker Network. Like GoldenPalacePoker is a skin off the Apex Network (tribecca tables).

If we're being honest, Zero Rake didn't make it because players like us who read these type of forums didn't support it. I saw their ads at pokerpages, in cardplayer and the cp website. They definatley marketed the site.

Although, if I'm not mistaken the site isn't totally closed. They just made a deal with HCP to host to freeroll.

Instyle007

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Id never heard of holycowpoker before so I assumed it was new. Still pretty lame marketing tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I for one supported zerorake. (I emptied my account a few weeks ago tho, due to lack of games). I disagree about their marketing tho. Having an ad in cardplayer and a little ass banner on the side of this page really doesnt count as advertising in my book. They could have done so much more, advertising BEFORE actually opening up their site would have been smart. Some props wouldnt have hurt either. If they changed the way the not paying of rake was handled into something more fish friendly, that would have been a huge boost. The ability to have private tables, or at least HU tables would have been a smart move. They would be THE site for anyone who just plays headsup. They never upgraded their software in the couple months they were live, even after several bugs were pointed out to them. yada yada, the list goes on.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:16 AM

Hmmm Action Poker ring a bell??

"Registrant:
Action Poker Gaming, Inc.
PO BOX 2362
St Johns 2362
Antigua and Barbuda

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: HOLYCOWPOKER.COM
Created on: 10-Mar-04
Expires on: 10-Mar-05
Last Updated on: 19-Mar-04

Administrative Contact:
Poker, Action admin@actionpoker.com
PO BOX 2362
St Johns 2362
Antigua and Barbuda
2684606184 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Poker, Action admin@actionpoker.com
PO BOX 2362
St Johns 2362
Antigua and Barbuda
2684606184 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOLYCOWPOKER.COM
NS2.HOLYCOWPOKER.COM
"
Old 09-24-2004, 03:18 AM

If the idiots had a half a brain, using go daddy you should be able to hide your DNS info for an addditional $10 a year, lol ... worthwhile for such a shady company I would think - Damn they must be REALLY cheap!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 AM

Your kidding me Holy Cow..is the same as the old GUTS POKER >>>now TigerGaming