Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Whats my Line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever folded the nut flush or nut house fearing a straight flush or quads. Especially at the lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last sentence is the key, lower limits and max buyin games. But with very deep stacks, even though such situations are rare, you should be prepared to fold such hands or at the very least the amounts involved could cause you a losing month. A losing hand is a losing hand no matter how unlikely the nuts may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very surprised by your last sentence. If someone pots the river and it's very unlikely he has the nuts, you aren't folding getting 2:1, are you? 33% is not 'very unlikely'. And if the money involved makes you fear a losing month and you care about that, you'd either be playing above your limit or out of your comfort zone, neither of which is a good idea.

I do agree though that deep stacks dictate a call more often than a raise, since opponent is much less likely to call a reraise with a worse hand. But only because opponent will fear your reraise more, since it tells him you arent worrying about a 3bet.

In this case, I'd repot. Money is too shallow to worry about the straight flush and the limit is too low for opponent to only call with the nuts after you repot.

Marnix
Old 11-25-2005, 12:02 AM

You are right that just calling is indicated as opposed to raising in such a situation. And even with deep stacks for small money I am mostly calling. But when an opponent who has called your turn raise now bets in front of you or with position raises you on the river, and the river card did not change the nuts, then you should have a queasy feeling. If he is not a LAG then you should strongly consider folding. If you read hands well but fail to act accordingly then that cannot be good play.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 AM

Well this is how it played out:

Hero min raises to 20$
Villain insta all-in.
Hero Folds.

I dont see him pushing with a Jack high flush or lower. The insta all-in convinced me that he had to have a straight flush since i dont see him doing this with any other hand, considering his previous non-fishy play. I usually would never play this passive, nor would i generally be scared of a str8 flush vs a nut flush, however, I truely believed i was beat.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
min raise~

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for meta reasons that is bad.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:34 AM

You should have called, because there is a big chance he put you on a trips/two pair or a lower flush. Still I don't see the point raisin him all in. I believe there is 14$ in the pot after the turn bets. Now he bets 10$ which means you can raise him your remaining 34.60. You bet 34.6 to a 24$ pot. Will he call you with a lower flush or worse? Yes, if he's stupid. Could he have a str8 flush? If the the chances are even you should just call, cause you're risking more than you're winning.
I still say a clear call. 10$ to see a 24$ pot, and it would not be as stupid of him betting the flop with any flush as calling a reraise. One reason for him betting 10$ into a a 14$ pot is that he otherwise might face a 14$ bet and he wouldn't know if it's nut flush, a lower flush or a bluff. If he gets reraised he knows (almost) for sure. So know he's bet could indicate a lot more than a str8 flush, and the pot odds are huge for you to call!