Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: I\'m definitely over my head...

If you check and lark bets, it's a c/r all-in, right? What if bedeviling bets?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who likes checking the flop to avoid this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me at all, although OP's bet size did leave him in a predicament. (sp? its late!)

I dont htink checking is the answer,though

[/ QUOTE ]

what's a better bet size? why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other people say to check, and that has alot merit. I suspect thats slightly results oriented thinking, (oh no,we missed our draw andare in a horrid stack committment t pot size ratio!) but I wouldn't check because it's easy to fold alot of hands which if you check will not fold later. (if that makes sense...)

Your hand has alot of equity on this flop, and you've built the pot to 10bbs. It's certainly worth stickng your neck out to fightfor it... if you did havea "read" that the_lark wll autobet his button, checkraising (and putting him all in once he bet) probably becomes a default / optimal play.

I'd bet more or less, normally in this spot I'd pot+ it, although this is also a seemingly good spot (once I can just take the entire hand in, I probably would click bet too fast to realize the better play!) but a small underbet.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check and lark bets, it's a c/r all-in, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
What if bedeviling bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

He already checked.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check and lark bets, it's a c/r all-in, right? What if bedeviling bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what hand people are representing if they check-raise the flop all-in.
You have just checked a fairly draw heavy flop 3 way.
If lark's been playing very aggressively then maybe he'll give you credit for playing a big hand this way, otherwise your line looks a lot like a draw and he could reasonably call with Kx.

I guess an advantage this line has over betting the flop is the awkward situation you are faced with when lark calls your flop bet.
Check-fold and you might be laying down the best hand, pushing in probably won't fold out many better hands.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If lark's been playing very aggressively then maybe he'll give you credit for playing a big hand this way, otherwise your line looks a lot like a draw and he could reasonably call with Kx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon it's better to get it in as a coinflip and maybe (and who knows he might fold) then to risk getting flat-called behind and missing the turn ~3/4 of the time
Old 12-22-2005, 01:06 AM

If lark has been playing very aggressively a c/r would be great with AK. Now that I think about it (and after realizing that bedeviling checked already), I like checking this flop.