Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 PM

Default You know they have a pair...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Villain had just sat down, and has seemed pretty solid

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

I raise the flop, b/c I think villain is solid and will bet into me if he connects at all or has diamonds, so I feel there is a good chance I have the best hand.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

I REALLY feel like villain has a King here and does not want to give a free card. If it's a Jack I may very well be good. If I must call the turn and river I need to be right 25% of the time (putting in 2 bets to win 6 or 1 in 4), assuming villain will bet the river.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: You know they have a pair...

I kind of like a raise here. If he's good as you say he is, there is a possibility he lays down right here, which is good for us. There is also the possibility to showdown freely unimproved, and in all likelihood get an extra bet if we get trips or 2pair that doesn't 3-flush the board.

I think if we get 3-bet on this turn we can lay it down. If you plan on calling down in this situation, I think you should spend the 2 bets to try and win the pot now instead of showing down.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Bump
Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 PM

I don't mind the raise on the flop but I think the pot is small enough and the board scary enough (from villian's perspective) to fold to the turn donk every time.

If I planned on just calling the turn on a blank, I would have just called the flop.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 PM

I think we should just fold this turn. We can find out more about villain in a bigger pot.