Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Default saving a seat, how long for a stranger?

Last night I went to the Pitt-Notre Dame game. I was there quite early sitting in the lower student section. In front of me there was a guy sitting alone. We chatted for a bit about other games or whatever. About an hour and a half before kickoff he asked my friends and I if we could do him a favor and watch his seat. I said sure, and he left saying he would be right back.

Question is, for how long would you actually watch his seat? There were three of us at the game so I just moved down and sat in his seat. At some point I went up to get nachos and take a piss. I came back and again sat in the guys seat. With 20 minutes 'till kickoff I decided screw it and sat with my friends. Not long after that two guys took over his seat (they are actually individual seats but everybody stood up the whole time until the game got really shitty). With two minutes to go before kickoff the guy came back and asked what happened. I simply laughed and told him he was gone for an hour and a half.

How long would you hold a stranger's seat?
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: saving a seat, how long for a stranger?

Why didn't you just tell the guys who took his seat that someone was sitting there?
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: saving a seat, how long for a stranger?

It's not really the OP's problem. Didn't you just meet this guy? He can't possibly be mad for a complete stranger giving up his seat after making him wait for an hour and a half. Where the hell did the guy go in the stadium for 90 minutes?