Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: AA hand against a VTAG.

The Flop and River bets look like stabs at the pot hoping for a miracle. The flop donk could mean a number of things and I would raise and take the opportunity to knock out sb and punish the bb for being a retard.

Betting the turn is obvious.

The river is either a retarded stab at the pot or a made flush or trips. Just call as the play has no real rhyme or reason. I don't think you get called by enough hands to make a raise correct and too often you get 3-bet and that just blows.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: AA hand against a VTAG.

I hate posting results, but I thought this one was interesting. Villain flipped K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Which just goes to show that players defy their numbers every now and then.

Personally, I think I've gotten in the habit of giving too much respect to players I see playing regularly and seem to play a strong game.

RE: the flop raise. I was torn here. It seemed like I was most likely going to fold all parties with a raise if I was ahead and I would only be denying odds to someone with a gutshot or a single pair on the board. The big draws were going to come at any rate. So the chances of me being behind made me go for the smooth call and it didn't hurt me this time.

- Jim