Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Live Flop decision with Mr. A magnet...

Stakes: $2-$3-$5 Blinds, $500 Max Buy-In
Principal Players:

Ok Young Korean Player [OYKP] (~$500) - He tends to gamble and call a bit too much. He's on the passive side.

"Weird Al" Hairstyled Obese guy [WAHO] (~$3000) - Probably has a VPIP of 50 and is extremely loose postflop. Will call all and any bets with a big draw. He's built his stack through a foundation of lucky flops, suck outs and love. I adore this guy, and he's the main reason I decided to stay an extra couple of hours, especially since he was so fortunate to be must moved to my right...

Garland (~$1000) - Tight aggressive image.

Preflop: OYKP is UTG and opens for $45 ($10 to bring it in), (He's brought it in for $30 before, with what appeared to be big cards in the past, so I read him for any pair), WAHO is next to act and quickly calls the $45, I am next to act with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I ponder for 20 or so seconds and pump it up to $170 straight. The rest of the table quickly folds back to OYKP. He hems and haws, plays with/counts his chips for about 90 seconds and finally says "I'll gamble" and calls. I put him firmly on a pair of TT->QQ, probably towards the lower-end as I suspect he'd just stuff it in with QQ. WAHO calls and says "I'll give you a gamble". God bless his soul. His cards are difficult to read since in the past he's called a raise+reraise to $100 with a hand like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (and hit!).

Flop ($520): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

OYKP checks, WAHO checks, Garland ???

Neither of these players have a tendancy to get out of line, but the pot is big, so...

Thought and comments appreciated. Results to follow...

Garland