Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accep

English only at the table please!!

1. I am truly amazed at those who can speak more than one language. I know a lot can do it of course....but it's something I can't even come close to doing and I just think it's freaking cool.

2. I have shared some of the original poster's resentment towards party support in the past...many of us have I think.
Not only did he get promised a certain amount, but they seemed unapologetic when they made an error that left him $2000 short of what he thought he was getting. No...he didn't exactly lose money on the deal...but he was TOLD $3750 so was certainly entitled to actually EXPECT that he would get that amount.

On the PPM cruise I won my seat kind of late and thus did not get to choose the 'regular' cabin. I could either pay $1k extra for an upgrade or get a $200 refund for a downgrade. Something like that.

The number of times I was told that my $200 refund would be sent 'within the next 24 hours' or 'within the next 3 days' was astonishing.
I finally got my money about 4 weeks after the cruise. They didn't even notify me that I got it...just put it in my account.
Very frustrating to fire off ANOTHER e-mail saying "10 days ago I was told my money would arrive in 3 days....THEN I was told it would still take another 7 days....and now I am still waiting for it....and I am not getting any responses from support either"

etc etc etc.

Just getting a hold of party support to fill out the forms and ensure that I was all set for the cruise was a pain enough.
I got in the habit of e-mailing 3 different addresses in hopes that one of them would respond to me (info@party, events@party, cruise@party.. something like that).

I fully agree with the original poster that Party needs to clean up their act in many regards.
Making certain mistakes is forgiveable. It happens.
But cleaning up those mistakes is a skill they are sorely lacking in.

In the meanwhile, after I won my WSOP seat via PokerStars I was IMMEDIATELY directed to the forms I was supposed to fill out...and IMMEDIATELY informed that they have received all my info and I'm all set.
I will need to register and report and such-and-such place upon my arrive...etc etc etc.
All the info you could possibly want.

Thus, I know it's possible for a large online-poker site to handle their customers correctly...it just seems that Party chooses not to do it (partly by not hiring enough support I suspect).
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accepted

I call BS on this story and here's why:
[ QUOTE ]
Five minutes after our conversation ended the person I spoke to called me back. He said he had given me the wrong information, and deeply apologized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accepted

[ QUOTE ]
I call BS on this story and here's why:
[ QUOTE ]
Five minutes after our conversation ended the person I spoke to called me back. He said he had given me the wrong information, and deeply apologized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the last person i talked to was as polite at this first guy. It would not have goten as upset as i was. Probaly not even stopped using Party.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accep

you should complain to them specifically about that guy.

leaving the site entirely does not hurt them in the least.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:26 PM

The support person that called you back is a disgrace for the party support team, he is just to slow and not avg. enough cases per hour. Clearly he should be fired...