Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: quick numbers question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so in theory I was running bad for 45k hands? more excuses yay! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, anyone who tells you that you can't run bad for 45k hands is full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

32/47? over 15K? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

im like 38/51 over my last 25K (usually like 38/53) and my winrate is 0.00BB/100 over that time. i shudder to think of how much your winrate has suffered [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 AM

Over 40k hands i am 38% went to showdown and 53% won so .. 0.38*0.53 = 0.2014 = 20% of hands i won with a showdown. You : .32 * .57 = .1824 = 18% of of hands you won on showdown. I think 2% is a big amount. In order to receive a specific answer for the $$ you "lost" though we need to "assume" some factors being this and that so i stop my analysis here (factors like how many times your opponents folded on previous streets in particular).
Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 AM

Ages ago, I asked how we know what this stat should be. I mean, has a concensus been reached solely by looking at the stat generated by players with great reputations, or is there actually some mathematical basis for the concensus view?

Personally, I like to lie to myself and pretend that my low number is based on extraordinary reading skills.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the WtSD stat is correlated to the limits you play generally for good players, and the average number of players at your table.

The less players, and the higher limits, you go to showdown more I think.