Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:29 AM

Default 2nd nut flush w/str8 flush draw review turn play please

Been at the table 2 orbits. Villian's been very loose and very aggressive. Only early read is he seems to like any ace from any position.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls

Did I chicken out here? I don't know for certain he has the As, but based on his betting I'm sure he has the flush. After review, I thinking I should have 3-bet. Was slowing down correct and c/c the river UI? Or should I have built the pot?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 2nd nut flush w/str8 flush draw review turn play please

*grunch*

he called your PFR, I know players at these limits are awful, but single suited flops tend to scare alot of players.

When you bet this flop, what is he possibly just calling with here?

On the turn, you bet out again into a single suit board and you were raised. While I'm certainly not going to fold, I don't like our chances here. Would he raise the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here?

Unless he's just trying to run a bluff. Reads help alot in situations like this.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:48 AM

I think I like calling the turn and donking the river. It is going to get almost always raised by villian on the river with that line. and I think you are ahead here more than you're behind.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless he's just trying to run a bluff. Reads help alot in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are forgeting this is the .05/.10 game and the player is "very loose and very aggressive" I think it is important to get bets in on this hand.

If we 3bet the turn and we are behind we it costs us 5BBs on the turn and river. While if we 3bet the turn and we are ahead we win at most 4BBs.
If we call the raise, donk the river and a call villians raise (which I think is a a very high percentage of the time) that we will get 4BBs in when we are ahead and 4BBs in when we are behind. And since I think we are ahead here more than we are behind, donking the river appears better than 3betting the turn.

*or calling down
Old 12-14-2005, 04:53 PM

The next highest flush she could have is the 9. Even though it's the third nuts, it doesn't look pretty and most players wouldn't raise with it. Having said that, she doesn't appear to be like most players, given your (limited) read. On the fly, I'd probably do the same as you. If this was a LAG opponent over a larger sample size, I'd be 3-betting and calling down to a cap. Your situation falls somewhere in the middle, and in those cases I take the more conservative route (especially on the later streets), but I'm tight.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:01 PM

Well he can't be that aggressive and have you beat at the same time here.

As a default, I would tend to check/call the turn in these spots. I have made a few recent posts as to why, but given how it was played I can't see not 3-betting if he really is aggressive.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:36 PM

shillx-

I hate checkcalling the turn in this spot. We have the second nuts, checkcallign just blows.

All-

Loose aggressive player you should 3bet and lead the river, calling a raise. If she caps then check and call the river. We have way too much hand against this type of palyer not to be putting in more money.