Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 09:19 AM

Default I am results oriented and damm proud of it.

Commerce $9-18 LHE. My table had been kinda tight most of the night. I wasn't winning a lot of hands, but I had won the largest pots of the night(except one that was monstrous enough for a inside str8 draw had plenty fine odds to call my flopped trip A's and catch me on the river)and was up a little over $300. Over the previous 20 minutes, the game had loosened up a lot, primarly due to a goofy looking white guy(something like a mix of Ryan Stiles and a skinny Conway Twitty) who also played goofy and had made me kinda angry. I can't really explain why I was angry at him, but I was.

It's almost 2:30 am and I was feeling sleepy so I started breaking down my tower and racking the chips up. I folded the first three hands and then picked up KJ's UTG. My final hand, I tossed in 3 chips. UTG +1 folds, and next dude pops it. To no ones astonishment, 3 players cold call(inculding goofy white guy), both blinds call, and I call.

Flop comes 347 with two hearts. Blinds check, I check. Original raiser bets. Next guy folds, goofy guy raises, 2 cold callers, and I three bet. All call. Turn is an offsuit 4. Checked to original raiser who bets. Goofy guy raises. 2 cold callers, then to me. Pot is laying me a ridiculous price. I don't like this at all since someone may already be full, and if someone has trip fours, several of my outs could be gone. I think. Goofy guy starts to needle me. I say out loud "That makes me want to take five more minutes with my decision". The guy next to me cracks up. Now goofy guy starts to try to talk me into mucking my hand which makes no sense at all to me. I finally decide that someone has a full house and I muck. I also note that original raiser has only 12 more chips and is likely to three bet. So I won't get paid off as much if I hit and have the winner, and it is likely to be three bet behind me.

Flop comes 8 of hearts. Original raiser turns up 88. Heh! Goofy guy had 24(douche!). I look down, LMFAO, shake the hand of the guy with 88 and take my $270+ profit for the night and head home. Believe me, the look on goofy guys face was priceless. I loved every second of it.