Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Hand vs. Joe Cassidy

[ QUOTE ]
Please rename this thread "How I got trifectad by Joe Cassidy"

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

edit: I check the river, I dont think he is folding hardly ever after 4 betting that turn. It looks like he has you on a Q and that he just lost, but he's gonna pay you off to see, or raise you again with his Q [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 11:00 AM

At this point, you fire one one out and if you get the triple checkraise.....well then, you were beaten by the master. No way you can check here and sleep at night.

Also, if he folds, you will have a story to tell Knish if you ever need to borrow some cash.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:56 PM

"Im not sure he has enough reason to believe you are going to fire again, not sure why he wouldnt just lead the turn."

because heads up, when there was significant action on an earlier street, especially in blind wars, when one guy checks, the other guy bets. close to always. especially if they are men under 30.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:02 PM

Default the river

the river is more interesting than the turn stupidity.

because the pot is so big i think you need to actually fire a bet here. but when you do it you need to try and give off a minor reverse tell that you have what you think is the winner (a straight obviously). if he c/rs you then he's been full or had the straight the whole time and you just muck. but i actually think if you fire a bet here and project the right reverse tell (maybe slide your bet in real cool like and softly after a significant pause) you may get him to muck a K face up and the other card face down.

then you should in this case show your bluff.

btw i put him on something like K8o.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM

i never played 200-400. but here is what i think:

raise btf, or check on the flop, or check on the turn.

if u think he limps with trash more than goods, then raise btf and gain initiative. but my thinking is that he has goods more than bads here (becasue you have been giving up on the flop - extremely expoitable in his view).

if u think he limps with goods more likely, then u should by all means check the flop or turn. if u decide to bluff him at some point, bluff on the river when you actually miss.

that would be my line of thinking, however, a game where it constantly goes blind-vs-blind does not interest me much.

- Kenny
Old 09-21-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His turn check-raise certainly looks strong. But, it also looks kinda goofy. In the end, with all the wierdness of his play and my image at the time (I hadn't shown anything near a bluff and hadn't been very aggressive postflop overall, with me basically folding most hands) I decided to 3-bet.

He 4-bets. Ok, great, he actually has a hand (or a perfect read on me heh). I call looking to hit a straight and the river is an A. He checks?!? Alright, can he see my cards?? Is he going for the all powerful triple-check raise? Was it all an elaborate move that he's finally given up on? Is it possible he has some sort of made hand hes now willing to fold?
What do you think? Fire one last seemingly hopeless shot, or give up and see what I dumped all that money to?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 03:54 PM

I agree with this analysis. Plus, what is he putting you on, having not raised preflop then played that board aggressively? Probably a weak one pair hand like J5 or T8 or draw like Qx.

I think there is plenty of motivation for him to try to move you off the hand here and thus you have to see the river for sure and also consider calling down if you only make a pair.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Im not sure he has enough reason to believe you are going to fire again, not sure why he wouldnt just lead the turn."

because heads up, when there was significant action on an earlier street, especially in blind wars, when one guy checks, the other guy bets. close to always. especially if they are men under 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha OK good enough for me.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 PM

I think he's teaching you a lesson in this hand.

He's basically saying "position or no position I own you!"
Old 09-21-2005, 05:42 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why you bet the turn. since you might have as few as 4 outs, seeing the river cheaply makes more sense. but since you are where you are, you have to play it our. folding is nonsense, while raising might be reasonable.