Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 100-200 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out why you shouldn't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whether he should raise the turn or not is close, since he can always 3 bet the turn and go for the free showdown if he misses his boat draw, so he would lose the same when ahead and win more when he improves. In this situation I would still call the turn however. On the river, raising would just be bad poker since calling makes the same amount of money without the risk of being 3 bet by a better hand.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
this was the third time I had flopped a set that day, and I had lost the first two. maybe that influenced my decision, but for the life of me I couldn't put her on a hand I could beat. also, and just as important, the bb was still to act behind me. I really thought he had a small flush or straight. it has been a couple of years since I played with him, and I didn't remember how crazy he can play.

I folded, then the bb folded. then I wanted to throw up.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're all guilty of making bad folds, bad calls, and bad raises from time to time when caught up in the moment. This is a very bad fold and i believe you already know that. You were an underdog with this action, but your call was definitley profitable given the pot odds
Old 08-28-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody considers a raise on the river, while thinking you have the worst hand. whats wrong with you ------ or me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless I am missing something here, I think this is bad advice. Calling likely makes the same amount as raising without the risk of being 3 bet by a better hand. Calling is clearly the most profitable play to me in this situation.
Please explain the logic behind your thinking. Thank you.
-Wes
Old 08-28-2005, 12:54 PM

You're missing something. He's saying nobody would raise this river because it is likely that you have the worst hand. He is not questioning why the posters before him didn't recommend raising.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't expect an online player to understand the subtleties of this hand. and I agree it's an automatic call online.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: result

The much respected and admired snakehead admits defeat on a brutally misplayed strong hand

I don't think I admitted to anything.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 PM

Yes. Calling is a must.

You can think about folding to a raise from third player, but not until then. If third player wants to raise, he has to think about what holdings the initial river bettor may have... hell your river call could be interpreted as an attempt to entice an overcall by the third player, thinking you have the nuts...

CALL!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nobody considers a raise on the river, while thinking you have the worst hand. whats wrong with you ------ or me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless I am missing something here, I think this is bad advice. Calling likely makes the same amount as raising without the risk of being 3 bet by a better hand. Calling is clearly the most profitable play to me in this situation.
-Wes

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, guy with 50 posts or ray zee? whos advice should i take? hmmmm...

rj
Old 08-29-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect an online player to understand the subtleties of this hand. and I agree it's an automatic call online.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times to make big laydowns in big pots, but this isn't one of them and it's not even close.

Lawrence
Old 08-29-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
-Wes

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, guy with 50 posts or ray zee? whos advice should i take? hmmmm...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 50 posts already? Awesome!! To answer your question about whos advice you should take....I would go with Ray Zee's. Nice sarcastic remark though. I find it hilarious, and sad that you would judge me by how many posts I have on this web site. That said I am no Ray Zee, but If any person says something that i dont agree with I will challange them and ask them for their reasoning. I dont care if its Ray Zee, David Sklansky, Jesus Christ, or Britney Spears. It looks as though I have misunderstood Ray's post so this whole thing is moot anyways.