Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Default New Eurobet Review

My 2 cents...

I was immediately encouraged to see 12,000 players on the network. Never played Poker Room so I was clueless about its software. I jump into a $30 SNG. 1500 chips for $30 made for a very deep stack SNG. I managed to win the thing, but an over an hour had passed (typical party length is about 38 min). For a guy who mainly plays SNGs, the grind/burnout factor looks to be much higher.

Rake is cheaper...they have $50+4's vs Party's $50+5's.

The cards are giant numbers with a suit on it which I didn't care for. The action seemed tough for me to follow. I raised a few times not noticing that there was action in front of me, and I actually folded a free look in the BB. Some it might be a function of getting a feel for the software, but I never had to make any adjustments when I began on Party/Stars. So ease of attaining table situational awareness is at this point fair to poor.

The stats calculator for allin showdowns is cool.

Bottom line: Lots of players + rakeback make the new Eurobet worth a look, but software/tournament structure is lacking. I may fire up a tournament every now and then.

Anyone have experience w/their Ring Limit games? I haven't played limit seriously since early spring, but playing here could offer a decent change of pace.