Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 PM

Default KQs with a loose agressive on board...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 is very loose agressive, 66.6/16

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, BB calls.
Would a slow play have been better from early position in order to gain more people in the pot, or was this raise right in order to get some Aces out of the pot?

Flop: (16 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Right now I think the SB has the Ace of diamonds going for the nuts

River: (18 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls $1.75 (All-In), Hero calls.

Think I was right about the small blind.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
Old 11-08-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: KQs with a loose agressive on board...

66/16 is LAGgy but not overly so. 66% VPIP means he's playing approx. 111 out of the 169 starting hands, which is a large range. However, 16% PFR means he's only raising about 18 of those 111 hands, which means his raising standards are pretty normal preflop. Couple that with the fact that he 3-bet you and didn't openraise, and I think your PF cap was ill-advised.

I don't understand what you mean by slow play fom EP. You want to LRR KQs from UTG? That's pretty nuts right there.

The flop play is interesting. I can see merits of both raising and calling. At this point in time, with BB betting into me and having an awesome redraw to beat anyone with 2 pair, I think I like calling with an aggressive player to my left. Hopefully he will raise and I can pull a fun call/3-bet out on the flop.

I like the turn raise.

Your LAG suddenly wakes up when a brick hits the river, based on his passive play throughout the hand, I'd likely just call his river raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM

I probably would not raise the flop due to your position; same argument for capping the reraise - the raiser is loose but there are alot of callers and some of them probably have a hand.
On the river I would probably just call. MP1 is loose enough to have anything but that includes two diamonds which he slow played on the turn.
I think this is my official weak tight post for today...
Still Grunching
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM

If I'm sure I can get it HU with villain I may go for the PF cap. As it is I think the cap is a bad idea with the size of the field.

Flop I'm probably calling for fear of driving others out of the pot. If you're sure MP1 and SB will call 2 cold then it's appropriate to raise.

I love the turn raise because at this point it's harder for them to let go of their hands given the 7:1 they are getting.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM

i dont mind this hand on any street. PF is debatable but I dont think capping is wrong- strong multiway hand and you are ahead of SB and BB and their most likely hands. Since the pot is going to be large I like trying to take the initiative.

I think the flop raise here is so simple because anyone with a piece of this is coming along- and rightfully so I guess the pot is large. A raise isn't going to fold a diamond draw- so why not get that extra money when it misses? Some argument could be made for just calling...but the pot is large, they are probably going to come along regardless...why not?

I think the turn and river is fairly standard- id'be curious to see how id play it if MP wasn't sure stacked since you have the 3rd nuts only....
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM

(grunch)

preflop: Your cap is not folding anybody who has already called 2-3 cold, so it is not for protection, it is for value. Personally, I think KQ (sooted or not) is overvalued from EP. I would not be capping as a default play. Against a lag, it is probably OK for value if you think his 3-betting range is sufficient. Sometimes they are laggy on their pre-flop raise, but exercise more caution in 3-betting. If he's been maniacal pre-flop then by all means.

flop: wow, BB bets out on this flop after calling 2 cold and seeing your cap! You have to figure that is a bold move. The raise is appropriate for protection, but you have to wonder if you're behind if BB were to 3-bet. You have lots of redraws tho (OESD &amp; BDFD), so calling a 3-bet is fine.

turn: nice raise. Call down a 3-bet, river an ace, and hope he doesn't have the flush or made straight. That is a nice pot.

river: gotta wonder if lag is tilting off the stack here or he slow-played AQ. I would probably just call the raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

river: gotta wonder if lag is tilting off the stack here or he slow-played AQ. I would probably just call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

with less than 1 BB left on the river how can you not 3bet him?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
66/16 is LAGgy but not overly so. 66% VPIP means he's playing approx. 111 out of the 169 starting hands, which is a large range. However, 16% PFR means he's only raising about 18 of those 111 hands, which means his raising standards are pretty normal preflop. Couple that with the fact that he 3-bet you and didn't openraise, and I think your PF cap was ill-advised.

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph isn't right.

66 VPIP means that villain is playing about 875 hands out of the 1326 starting hands. The 169 starting hands are not evenly distributed (pairs are less common than non-pairs, suited cards are less common than offsuit cards). A 16 PFR does not mean that he raises 16% of the hands he plays, but he raises 16% of all hands.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:31 PM

The river three-bet is spewing IMO. Why raise, you've played your hand like you have a set of kings and he's raising you on the river? Just call the river raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph isn't right.

66 VPIP means that villain is playing about 875 hands out of the 1326 starting hands. The 169 starting hands are not evenly distributed (pairs are less common than non-pairs, suited cards are less common than offsuit cards). A 16 PFR does not mean that he raises 16% of the hands he plays, but he raises 16% of all hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the correction. I thought it was 16% of the hands he played.